Yield Indexes Rise Following Cut in Federal Funds Rate to 45-Year Low
- Indexes Down as Market Awaits PPI Today, FOMC Next Week. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p40
Focuses on the yield indexes of the 'Bond Buyer' in the United States. Schedule of the Federal Open Market Committee of the overnight lending rate; Agreement on the target for the federal funds rate; Presentation of the indexes from February 15 to May 10, 2001.
- FOMC: Twists Til Year-End, Keeps Rates Low. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;6/21/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33735, p1
The article focuses on the market policy for the selling of financial bonds by the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee and informs that they will sell now short-term securities and will buy the securities of long term.
- Secondary Market Treads Water as Participants Wait for FOMC Move. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p2
Reports on the 10th consecutive rate hike of secondary municipal bond according to a Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting in the U.S. Event risk associated with the FOMC involving the changes in keeping municipal bond yields; Reduction of prices on their offerings; Determination of the...
- Tennessee to Price $416M of GOs Before FOMC Meet. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;10/23/2015, p1
Tennessee plans to price $416.3 million of top-rated general obligation bonds Tuesday, to get the deal done before the upcoming Fed meeting.
- BMI View: Asia. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/4/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p4
The article predicts the performance of the stock markets in the Asian region. The decision of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee to cut the Federal Funds Target Rate by a further 50 basis points on January 31, 2007 was ignored by regional equity markets and it expects further downside...
- Munis Climb Despite Heavy New-Issue Supply. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32279, p2
The article reports that municipal bond prices rose on December 14, 2005 in the United States. It says that despite heavy new-issue supply, the market responded to a relief rally in Treasuries, which was followed by a recent decision by the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee to raise the federal...
- Yield Indexes Mixed Following FOMC Move, Storm News. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32224, p35
Reports on the mixture of yield indexes in the aftermath of the Federal Open Market Committee's increase of the overnight lending rate in the U.S. Predictions that the committee may slow its rate for damage inflicted on the economies of Gulf region; Effect of the damages caused on the national...
- Primary Quiet as Market Awaits FOMC Taper News. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;9/15/2013, p1
The article reports on the move of municipalities in the U.S. which reduced long-term bond issuance as of September 15, 2013 to over $3 billion while they are waiting for the Federal Open Market Committee's decision on whether it will lower its bond buying efforts. It states that around $3.5...
- Muni Prices End Weaker as New Deals Sell. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;4/28/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds closed weaker on Tuesday, traders said, with yields on some longer-dated maturities rising by as much as five basis points.