NGA: Weak Economy, Rising Costs Will Lead to Continued High Issuance
- Big Idea: Bonding for Power Infrastructure. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p47
Reports on the increase in the overall bond issuance due to one higher education deal in South Dakota. Expectation for the state to experience a bigger jump as the state considers legislation that would allow bond issuance for expanding electricity infrastructure; Presentation of Governor...
- Transportation Funding Drives Debate in Virginia Race. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Reports on the debate on how to finance transportation projects in Virginia. Impact of the transportation debate on the gubernatorial race between Jerry Kilgore and Tim Kaine; Proposals to change state tax laws; State-level bond sales for ground transportation.
- Delegation From New Mexico Visits N.Y.C. to Stump for Triple-A Rating. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p30
The article reports that New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson along with his top financial adviser has visited rating agencies in New York in search of a tripleâ€“A for his state's bonds. New Mexico's economy is thriving following tax cuts and sound fiscal management. Richardson will lobby...
- Cutting Taxes, Raising Taxes, Building Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p46
Reports on the increase in the overall bond issuance in Ohio. Expectation of the state to continue the trend with more funds allocated toward school construction; Detection of the impact of the state budget on debt issuance; Move to cut the budget in higher education; Focus of Governor Bob Taft...
- Kentucky Lawmakers Expected to OK Budget, Governor to Review Bonding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32353, p34
The article reports on the agreement of the key leaders in General Assembly in Kentucky pertaining to the state's 2006 to 2008 budget bill. The budget bill has been waiting for Governor Ernie Fletcher confirmation. This budget proposal has included about two billion of the state's borrowing. A...
- Illinois Watchdogs Blast Governor's Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33306, p4
The article reports on the opposition of the Civic Federation to the proposed 52 million U.S. dollars fiscal 2010 budget of Illinois Governor Pat Quinn. The federation asserted that the proposed budget depends on borrowing, leaves many bills unpaid and will worsen the fiscal crisis that the...
- TOP ISSUERS: ALL OF 2000. // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p33
Ranks the top ten state issuers of bonds in the United States based on the net value of bonds issued in 2000. Number of bond issues in the different states during the year; Notes on how the state issuers of bonds were ranked.
- Washington Readies $1.5B New-Money, Refunding Deal. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;1/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33653, p7
The article reports that the Washington state government will be selling 1.5 billion dollars worth of bonds in January 2012.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p18
Presents data on negotiated state bond sales in California, Florida, Missouri, New Mexico and other states. Special Facilities Revenue Bonds; Subordinate Tax Allocation Bonds; Tax Increment Revenue Bonds.