Florida Housing Trustee: This Year's Payments Will Be Late
- South Trust Contests Vote to Remove It From Florida Housing Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p4
Reports the reaction of SouthTrust Bank (STB) on bondholders voted for the removal of the bank as trustee of the revenue bonds issued by Perdido Housing Corp. in Florida. Replacement of SouthTrust with the Bank of Oklahoma; Refusal of STB to pay the principal payment owed to the company; Delay...
- Bondholders Boot SouthTrust Bank as Trustee for Florida Housing Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p30
Reports the vote of bondholders on the removal of SouthTrust Bank. Failure of the bank to pay caused bonds to default; Issuance of the bonds in 1996 for the Lamplighter housing project by Perdido Housing Corp.; Anticipation on the final ruling on whether it erred in nonpayment.
- Bank, Perdido Housing Locked In War of Words Over Default. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p1
Reports the debate over the rights of SouthTrust Bank as trustee for Perdido Housing Corp. in the U.S. Failure of SouthTrust to pay the debt service to Perdido; Declaratory judgment hearing filed by SouthTrust; Statement regarding the payment provisions of the indenture by executive director...
- SouthTrust bank Quits as Trustee in Perdido Housing Case. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p3
Reports the removal of South Trust Bank as trustee for the revenue bonds of Perdido Housing Corp. and other housing operations in Florida. Dismissal of a declaratory judgment action request filed in November; Acquisition of issuer of necessary number of votes to replace the South Trusts; Reason...
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p26
Presents statistics of the bond redemption of Kentucky Housing Corp.
- Canadian Agency Does Big Bond Sale. // American Banker;9/24/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 184, p21
The article reports that Canada Housing Trust has sold $9.5 billion worth of five-year bonds secured by mortgage assets. This is the largest-ever debt sale in Canadian dollars. Canada Housing Trust is a financing unit of Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. Mark Chamie, treasurer of Canada...
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- DFW's Big Triple Play. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p1
The Dallas, Texas-based Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Board will make the first of three upcoming forays into the municipal market when it sells $750 million of bonds in the week following April 22, 2003. The fixed-rate deal, which will be pre-priced on April 29 and sell the following...