Delaware Governor Signs 2004 Budget, $577 Million Bond Bill
- Puerto Rico Looking Beyond Tax Trust to Help Address Deficit. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p3
The article reports that the newly implemented tax-debt trust will help fill a $1 billion deficit within the $9.48 billion fiscal 2009 operating budget in Puerto Rico. It states that Governor Anibal Acevedo Vila signed the fiscal 2009 operating budget into law with a potential special obligation...
- North Carolina debt issuance bills move ahead despite budget gridlock. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p40
Presents updates on North Carolina's budget plans for the fiscal year which started July 1, 1997 and on its proposed bond issuance. Efforts to finish an $11.4 billion budget; Senate's proposed use of $40 million of the state's $85 million Medicaid fund to pay for general fund expenses.
- Illinois Inks Budger, Adopts Series of Major Debt Reforms. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p1
Reports that the state of Illinois has approved its fiscal 2005 budget. Provisions of the state budget legislation; Reform of the public debt management policies of the state; Implications for bonds issued by the state.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Venezuela Quarterly Forecast Report;2003 1st Quarter, p10
Looks at the economic prospects facing Venezuela in 2003. Performance of the oil sector in 2002; Prediction on gross domestic product growth; Problems with the 2003 budget bill; Potential drawback of Venezuelan bonds.
- Still Waiting in Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p1
The article reports on the approval of the proposed $57.2 billion compromise budget for fiscal 2008-2009 by Wisconsin Legislature on October 23, 2007. The budget includes a cigarette tax increase and other fee hikes sought by Democrats but removes several others opposed by Republicans. It also...
- Wisconsin's Proposed $1B Capital Budget Heavy on the GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p30
Reports on the reliance of Wisconsin's proposed $1 billion fiscal 2006-07 capital budget on $715 million of new general obligation borrowing to pay for building projects. Approval by the state Building Commission of the capital spending plan; Inclusion of the 45,000-square-foot Wisconsin...
- Tennessee Gov. Bredesen's Budget Seeks $294 Million of Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p3
Focuses on the budget proposal of Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen for fiscal 2005. Amount of bonds proposed; Fiscal gains of the state; Proposal for an increase in borrowing requests.
- Arnold Wins Big on California Budget Propositions. Gizzi, John // Human Events;3/8/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p7
Provides information on California voters' approval of the budget propositions of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Details on the budget propositions of Schwarzenegger; Efforts of Schwarzenegger in proposing the bond measure; Legislative agreement on the budget proposition.
- Alaska Governor Seeks $178M in Debt, New Taxes for '05. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p4
Focuses on the proposed fiscal budget of Alaska governor Frank Murkowski. Inclusion of bond issuance in the proposal; Amount of the budget; Purpose of the fiscal budget.