INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Retail
- Disney caught in the middle of proxy battle showdown. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;10/14/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p3
Reports that the Walt Disney Company is caught up in a battle between large investors and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission over keeping workplace issues off proxy ballots. Workplace issues part of company's business operations; Disney could face lawsuit from Progressive Asset...
- Mouse files to raise cash. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/20/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 56, p5
Reports on the application of Walt Disney Co. with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to raise up to seven billion dollars by selling various securities.
- Talbots cuts staff 9%, gets credit. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Jul2008, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on an announcement made by women's apparel merchant The Talbots in June 2008 that it will reduce its staff by nine percent. The layoffs across multiple locations are expected to result in estimated cost savings of around $14 million. In its filing with the U.S. Securities and...
- Analysts Shouldn't Pitch Deals, SSB Says. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p17
Discusses the proposals for the further separation of research analysts from investment bankers regarding soliciting investment banking business and attending road shows in the U.S. in 2002. Proposal from Salomon Smith Barney and its parent company Citigroup; Information on the analyst reform...
- Disney's 2001 Trade Show to feature all merchandise categories. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;3/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p19
Focuses on Walt Disney Co.'s plan to sponsor a trade show to present the latest merchandise for the year 2001. Categories included in the trade show; Growth of retail trade in Puerto Rico.
- SIA Questions SEC Analyst Reforms. // Traders Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 198, p16
Assesses the reforms proposed at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission. Relation of investment banking and financial research; Discussion on financial disclosure and regulations imposed on brokers.
- Lawsuits fly over IPO secret-deal allegations. Meisner, Jeff // Journal of Business (10756124);9/13/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 19, pA19
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission is investigating whether investment banks made secret deals in allocating initial public offerings in 1999 and 2000. Allegations filed against companies who undertook IPO deals during the given time period; Susceptibility to...
- Flash Points. // American Banker;10/25/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 205, p3
Reports on the meeting of New York attorney general Eliot Spitzer with the general counsels from all big investment banks in the U.S. to work on a deal designed to resolve the abuse and conflicts of interest allegation plaguing investment banking. Reasons for the failure of talks at the...
- SEC May Give Its Blessing To Street Settlement Today. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;4/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 77, p19
Reports on possibility of the approval of global settlement between nation's investment banking firms and state and federal regulators by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Reason behind the delay of the approval; Banking firms which will be influenced by the approval; Comments of...