- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/20/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p40
Presents charts depicting the energy and power categories related to investment banking in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004.
- WHAT TO DO WITH Executive Stock Options. Booth, Laurence // Canadian Investment Review;Summer2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
Argues that companies should purchase their executive stock options from an investment bank in the U.S. Problems encountered with stock options; Concept behind a market-adjusted stock option; Advantages of buying stock options from a bank.
- Who's Hot. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p16
Presents data of interest to the investment banking sector in the United States. Ranking of brokerage stocks by performance; Ranking of bank stocks by performance.
- Who's Hot. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/12/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p31
Presents information about performance ratings of stocks of various banks and brokerages in the U.S. as of May 12, 2003. Firms ranked by performance. Ticker symbols for various brokerage firms.
- The Role of Underwriter-Investor Relationships in the IPO Process. Binay, Murat M.; Gatchev, Vladimir A.; Pirinsky, Christo A. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p785
The paper examines the distribution by underwriters of shares in companies engaging in initial public offerings (IPOs). Not infrequently the demand for shares exceeds the number available, so underwriters must perform rationing. Who gets shares? The authors show that underwriters tend to favor...
- Popular Inc. Sells $220 Million in New Common Shares. Roman, Elisabeth // Caribbean Business;12/29/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p6
The article reports on the sale of newly issued shares of common stock of Popular Inc. The company is the leading financial institution in Puerto Rico and has established Hispanic-owned financial services franchise in the U.S. It offers retail and commercial-banking services and investment...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p42
Examines investment banking in financial institutions groups (FIGs) as of September 26, 2005. Global FIGs underwriting volume; Global equity deals; U.S. syndicated loans; Global merger and acquisition in FIGs.
- INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. Hambidge, David // Money Marketing;11/27/2003, p72
Discusses the response of the world's equity market to the terrorist atrocities in Istanbul. FTSE World index drop; Defensive stocks in the UK; Strong returns among utility companies; Growth and drops in US and European stocks; Strong effect of Istanbul attacks on travel and insurance stocks.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p18
The article presents statistical information on all private equity fundraising by state region for fourth quarter 2004 as of February 2, 2005. The non-US region consists of 71 funds amounting to $11,455.7 million. Also, the New York Tri-State region consists of 34 funds amounting to $7,366.1...