Debt Cuts Ahead at UBS?
- Euro Bank Job Cuts Escalate with Latest UBS Round. // American Banker;8/25/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 132, p2
The article discusses the European banking industry in light of Swiss bank UBS AG's plan to reduce its workforce by five percent which brings the total number of jobs eliminated by Europe's banks to more than 40,000.
- UBS Investment Bank Cutting 500 Jobs. // American Banker;6/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 117, p20
Focuses on UBS AG of Zurich, the biggest banking company in Europe as of June 19, 2003. Number of jobs that will be eliminated worldwide at its investment banking unit, UBS Investment Bank; Comparison to job losses at rival firms; Outlook for reorganization.
- UBS Job Cuts Won't Affect Advisors in U.S. Konish, Lorie // American Banker;8/25/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 132, p7
Brief information is given about UBS AG which plans to eliminate 3.500 jobs which is not expected to affect client-facing advisers in the Wealth Management Americas unit.
- Trading places for dole queue spaces. // Money Management;11/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p28
The article reports that UBS AG is in the process of making 10,000 people redundant, which equates to about 15 percent of the Swiss bank's global workforce.
- UBS Job Cuts Won't Affect U.S. Advisors. Konish, Lorie // American Banker;9/15/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 143, p2
Brief information is given about UBS AG's plan to eliminate 3,500 jobs that do not directly affect the client- facing financial advisors in UBS' Wealth Management Americas unit.
- UBS Shedding Jobs In Cost-Cutting Move. // American Banker;8/24/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 131, p16
Brief information is given about the financial performance of Swiss bank UBS AG which plans to eliminate 3,500 jobs and reduce costs by $2.5 billion.
- UBS Said To Plan Rebranding, Private Bank Shakeup. // American Banker;12/8/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 234, p6
Reports on the possibility that Swiss banking group UBS AG will announce a senior management realignment. Renaming of several divisions including UBS Brinson, UBS Capital, Phillips and Drew and the private and corporate clients units; Decline in assets cited.
- Out of options: investors urged to rethink strategies. Lim, Justin // Money Management;3/13/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the survey conducted by UBS Investment Bank company which suggests that fixed income investors in Australia should check their investment strategies to ensure strong returns for 2008. It is found out that majority of the traditional fixed income products have delivered...
- UBS to Exit Muni Biz. Campbell, Dakin; Shields, Yvette // Financial Planning;Jun2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p32
The article reports on the decision of Swiss bank UBS AG to exit or sell its institutional municipal securities group in an effort to concentrate on core client businesses after reporting first-quarter 2008 losses of $11 billion. According to the bank, UBS Wealth Management clients will continue...