THE FREDDIE MAC DIARIES
- Federal Reserve May Waive Receipts for Small Purchases. // Cards & Payments;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10
The article reports updates on the proposed rule change of the Federal Reserve which encourages debit card use for low-value transactions in the U.S. The rule change aims to facilitate electronic transactions, where receipt requirement is sufficiently impractical to discourage the merchants from...
- Statements to the Congress. Greenspan, Alan // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Nov98, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p926
Presents a statement of the chairman of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve System before the House Committee on Banking and Financial Services. Testimony on advances in technology that provides a highly efficient and sophisticate international financial systems; Analysis on the...
- Federal Reserve sets fees for 1998. // Financial Update;Jan-Mar98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
Presents information on the 1998 fees, for priced services for financial institutions, which was set out by the United States Federal System as of January 2, 1998. What the 1998 fees represent; Reason the Federal Reserve System sets its prices annually; Changes made to fees for Fedwire funds...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/8/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p25
Focuses on the United States Federal Reserve System. Functions of the system; Monitoring of commercial and savings banks.
- SIFI Designation For Non-banks A Long Time In Coming. Pasquali, Valentina // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p8
The article reports that nonbank financial institutions as Systemically Important Financial Institutions (SIFTs) will now be brought under the stricter supervision of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- Leading banks working for strong 2002. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;1/24/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the market performance of financial institutions in Puerto Rico. Need for additional interest-rate cut from Federal Reserve System; Increase in insurance sales in year 2002; Business planning in Oriental Financial Group.
- Fed's Board of Governors Issues Guidance on Service Providers. // Financial Update;2013 4th Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the guidance provided by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board (Fed) to financial institutions to use service providers appropriately. Fed emphasizes on following guidelines specially for risk management and oversight when financial institutions are using service providers....
- Regulatory restructuring: Resolving the Fed's conflicting... England, Catherine // CATO Journal;Winter94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p367
Discusses regulatory restructuring and the various roles of the Federal Reserve System in the United States. Author's suggestion of a regulatory restructuring plan to improve the dual banking system's advantages; Role the Federal Reserve should play in a structured regulatory system.
- Statements to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jun99, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p404
Presents a statement to the United States Congress delivered by a member of the Board of Governors, discussing the Board's extensive interest in and efforts to address the year 2000 (Y2K) computing crisis. Commitment of the US Federal Reserve to a rigorous program of industry testing and...