- Szechuan rotten eggs repel deer. Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul/Aug92, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p20
Discusses a report from `The Avant Gardener' on the protection against white-tailed deer. Methods used include fences, bars of soap hung on trees, flashing lights, and more; Also very effective are products made from putrescent egg solids and hot sauce made from chile peppers. Home remedies; More.
- Deer mannagement 1997. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov97 Special Issue, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p42
Presents information on the 1997 quality management techniques for hunting and hunters of the white-tailed deer. Problems facing deers in urban areas; Details on the concepts of Quality Deer Management (QDM); Details on the findings of a research project which examined the biology, habitat and...
- The bowhunter's guide to aging deer. Wensel, Gene // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov97 Special Issue, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p64
Provides information from an experienced deer hunter on three ways to age whitetails. How selective hunting improves the health of deer herds; How to study the condition of theet using a jawbone board; Detailed information on other ways to age deers.
- A midsummer night's scheme. Ganote, Mark // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p78
Opinion. States that midsummer/June is the best time to spotlight for whitetail deer. Information on how to approach a landowner if you want to hunt on his land; Length of time it sometimes takes before a deer is killed.
- Hunting the whitetail deer. // Outdoor Life;Jan85, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p21
Of all the animals hunted, the whitetail is the most elusive yet the most attainable trophy for the ordinary person. In the not-too-distant future, you will be able to walk onto a ranch and shoot a buck of Boone and Crockett dimensions, as science produces a race of superbucks by selective...
- Cattails for whitetails. Boatner, J. // Outdoor Life;Dec87, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p48
There is probably no other type of habitat that provides better cover for a whitetail buck during the hunting season than a cattail marsh. The swamps provide deer with all of their survival needs and are the ideal place for a hunter in bow or gun season.
- Whitetail winter. Hennefrund, B.; Cox, D.J. // Ranger Rick;Dec89, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p4
Discusses wintertime habits and behavior of white-tailed deer. Methods of surviving winter's harshness; Ways used to find food.
- Observations of complex yet flexible behavior. // Country Journal;Nov84, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
Observations of wild deer show that the animal is not only beautiful, it has evolved patterns of behavior that are complex and yet flexible, ones that call for seasonal adjustment and allow for individual idiosyncrasy. INSET: Managing the deer herd..
- Finding whitetail deer. // Field & Stream;Dec85, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p68
Finding whitetail deer, even in heavily hunted areas, is explained in this article.
- Farmers and Whitetail deer. // Field & Stream;Oct86, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p84
Whitetail deer love agriculture, but to find them in the pastures and the hay ricks is a science. How the farmer is an over-looked ally of the Whitetail hunter. INSET: The other factor..