Learning to fish in New York City
- Hook and line lessons. Gibbs, J. // Outdoor Life;May88, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p46
Getting a kid hooked on the sport of fishing can be twice as enjoyable when camping. Several suggestions that will help you initiate a child's angling education.
- Outdoor Life fishing seminars hit the road. // Outdoor Life;Apr93, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p15
States that some of America's best-known and most knowledgeable anglers are on tour with `Outdoor Life's' National Sportfishing Seminars. Experts; Schedule; Registration information.
- And you're going to like it. Fullum, Jay // Conservationist;1994, Vol. 48 Issue 5/6, p48
Discusses how fishing can be taught to youngsters. Factors key in learning how to fish; Equipment and supplies needed; Fishing license; Safety measures.
- Sport-caught fish tolerate release. Ristori, Al // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov94, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the result of the study by the New York Sea Grant on the effects of catch-and-release fishing.
- Family hookups. // Town & Country;Jun94, Vol. 148 Issue 5169, p29
Reports on the Orvis Schools which teaches fly-, fresh- and saltwater fishing. Offer of a two-and-a-half-day family clinic with the Blue Quill Angler in Evergreen, Colorado; Fishing skills taught; Course goal; Contact number.
- Lottery underway for Castalia State Fish Hatchery's fly-fishing clinics in Eric Co. // Farm & Dairy;7/17/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 43, pC9
The article reports that the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources is inviting entries for lotteries for Castalia State Fish Hatchery's fly fishing clinics in Erie County.
- Learn to fish this summer. // Filipino Post;6/26/2014, p6
The article offers information on the Learn to Fish program by Freshwater Fisheries Society or British Columbia.
- Of cast net and caste identity: Memetic differentiation... Deb, Debal // Human Ecology: An Interdisciplinary Journal;Mar96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p109
Describes two techniques for throwing cast nets as memes, transmitted through learning. Techniques of fishing castes Ambiga and Harikantra of Karnataka; Development of a logico-deductive hypothesis; Existence of caste marker; Origin of variant meme.
- Students learn how to fish. // Curriculum Review;Apr90, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
States that students learn how to fish as part of a five-part curriculum sponsored by the Idaho Department of Natural Resources. Components of the curriculum; Topics covered.