The simple side of saltwater fishing
- Saltwater. // Outdoor Life;Mar96, Vol. 197 Issue 3, p103
Presents information related to saltwater fishing in the United States. Presence of striped bass in estuaries; Ten top durf-fishing spots in the northeastern United States.
- State of the seas. Hinman, Ken // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr95, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the status of ocean fisheries. Environmental destruction; Overfishing; Review of federal law governing coastal fisheries; Decline of marine fish populations; Impact of technological advances; Management issues; Information on striped bass.
- Midnight licensing. // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug95, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p29
Reports that a Mississippi salt water fishing license can be made available by phone call in a couple of hours.
- Plan now for the 1996 Salt Water Sportsman Seminars. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;Dec95, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p31
States that January 8 1996, marks the kick-off for the 1996 Salt Water Sportsman's National Seminar Series. Hosted by Mark Sosin and George Poveromo; Topics covered in explicit detail include; Who the sponsors for the 1996 Seminar Series include; Admission price. INSET: 1996 seminar series...
- SWS Seminar Series ready to tour! Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p28
Reports that `Salt Water Sportsman' magazines National Seminar Series will kick off its Tenth Anniversary Tour in January 1997. Hosts of the program; Major sessions of the course.
- All about crimping. Sosin, Mark // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p18
Offers tips on crimping of fishlines for saltwater fishing. Sleeve styles; Importance of size; Crimping tool selection; Chafing gear.
- Catches of note. // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p46
Reports on developments related to saltwater fishing as of March 1997. Includes catches made by Diego Aguilar of Iztapa, Guatemala; Jessica Hennessy of La Porte, Texas; James Barger of Beverly Farms, Massachusetts.
- Sportsman's workbench. Boyan, Scott; Gaffney, Rick // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p104
Presents tips on saltwater fishing. Use of double-hook gaff for dolphins; Feather jig technique.
- State roundup for April/May. // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p133
Presents a state-by-state roundup of information on saltwater fishing for April and May 1997. Fishing information and tips.
- U.S. & worldwide best fishing for April/May. // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p134
Presents information on United States and worldwide saltwater fishing for April and May 1997. Species of fish; Fishing locations recommended; Comments about the areas' fishing prospects.