Hunting sea ducks offshore
- Judging waterfowl range. Brister, B. // Field & Stream;Sep91, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p66
Gives advice on how to quickly and precisely judge waterfowl range. Discusses range markers, reference points and silhouettes.
- Are regs for the birds? Marshall, Bob // Field & Stream;Aug95, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p65
Focuses on waterfowl hunting violations in the United States. Overbagging by hunters in the Mississippi Flyway; Study on illegal waterfowl hunting; Questions probed in the study; Socio-economic profile of violators; Reasons given by violators.
- Waterfowl hunting blind drawing dates. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/ 4/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p5
The article reports that the dates and times for lakeside waterfowl hunting blind drawings in Lake Limestone, lake Granbury, and Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas for the 2011-2012 seasons have been announced by Brazos River Authority.
- Passing judgement. Brister, Bob // Field & Stream;Jan1996, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p74
Opinion. Reports on waterfowlers being on trial for the season of 1995. How waterfowlers describe their leads; `Pull away' system for game shooting practice.
- .Splash down. Warrington, Jerry; Pearce, Mike // Outdoor Life;Nov96, Vol. 198 Issue 5, Midwestern Region p77
Suggests 30 sites for waterfowl hunting in the Midwestern region of the United States. Includes Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ohio; Union County Conservation Area, Illinois; Crex Meadows State Wildlife Area, Wisconsin. INSETS: Lowdown on layouts.;The Lake Christina resurrection.;The wet look..
- Splash down. Ryan, Will // Outdoor Life;Nov96, Vol. 198 Issue 5, Eastern Region p77
Suggests 30 sites for waterfowl hunting in the Eastern region of the United States. Includes Pymatuning WMA, Pennsylvania; Penobscot Bay, Maine; Perch River WMA, New York; Ohio River, West Virginia. INSETS: Sea duck safety.;Goosing it..
- Maryland's Eastern Shore. KIESER, KENNETH L. // Texas Sporting Journal;Nov/Dec2013, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of waterfowl hunting with a team of expert waterfowl hunters at the Chincoteague Bay in the eastern shore of Maryland on a winter morning in January 2013.
- Wind, wings, & water. Sams, David J. // Field & Stream;May98, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p68
Recounts how the author hunted for waterfowl in Canada. Technique for setting up decoys; Mistakes in shooting for geese; Assistance of guides in jump-shooting for ducks.
- WATERFOWL SEASONS SET. // Out of Doors;Sep2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p8
The article offers information on the harvest limit for waterfowl hunters at the 2010 South Dakota Duck Season as well as the dates to the noted on waterfowl season.