Ships of the meadows
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Rural Development. // Business NH Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p35
The article lists several programs for agricultural rural development by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, including Business and Industry Loan Guarantee Program, Intermediary Relending Program, and Rural Business Enterprise Grants.
- Grassroots development where no grass grows: Small-scale development efforts on the Peruvian coast. Clinton, Richard L. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Summer91, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p59
Examines the advantages of emphasizing how development assistance in the Peruvian coast is carried out as opposed to a focus on outcomes. Small scale development efforts on the Peruvian coast; Significance of supporting the small scale activities of local non-governmental development organizations.
- Take me home, country roads Herbers, John // Planning;Nov1987, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p4
No abstract available.
- Vast potential for a new neighborhood. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/12/98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Opinion. Comments on the construction of the lakefront football stadium while referring to the development of the Cleveland, Ohio.
- Main street USA's economic slide isn't just a rural problem. Schuh, G. Edward // Fedgazette;Jan1995, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p14
Editorial. Discusses the economic decline in rural areas in the United States. Differences in per capita income and government subsidies in rural and urban areas; Ability of agricultural programs to alleviate the problem; Rationale behind commodity price support programs.
- Sustaining rural economic opportunity. Markley, Deborah M.; McNamara, Kevin T. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1259
Focuses on sustaining rural economic opportunity. Industrial recruitment; Incubators; Industrial extension; Evaluation of business development policies.
- Rural development: Implications of structural change for policies and institutions: Discussion. Drabenstott, Mark // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1271
Focuses on rural development. Implications of structural change for policies and institutions; Employment issues; Justification of policy actions.
- The rural rebound revisited. Johnson, Kenneth M.; Beale, Calvin L. // American Demographics;Jul95, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p46
Reports on rural growth in the United States. Impact of lower fertility and heavy migration from cities; Implications for business; Factors affecting rural growth.
- China's rural reforms: Is success wanting? Johnson, D. Gale // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1994 2nd Quarter, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
Discusses rural reforms in China. Factors for the success of rural reforms from 1979 to 1988; Start of the slowdown of rural growth in 1985; Problems in the creation of rural nonfarm jobs as the major factor in the growth slowdown; Other factors for the slowdown; Recommended changes in rural...
- Reproductive Cycles of Wealth and Poverty in Russia's Rural Communities. Lindner, Peter // Sociological Research;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p69
Focuses on the development of rural communities of post-Soviet Russia. Structural and individual factors that led development in rural Russia; Economic success achieved in restructuring Russian agrarian sector; Nature of enterprises in Russia.