- At treasure cove. Abrahams, Pamela; Flurry, Amy // Country Living;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p73
Focuses on a waterside country home of a couple in Sag Harbor, New York City.
- At home in Vermont. Morton, Keith Scott // Country Living;Jan1994, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p47
Features a country estate in Vermont. Acreage of estate; Facade of house; Photographs of furniture.
- A brand-new start in Maryland. Morton, Keith Scott // Country Living;Jan1994, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p58
Features the country home of Patty and Dave Faulkner in Maryland. Renovation of a millhouse near Baltimore, Maryland; Description of the renovation process; Conversion of part of the attic into a bedroom; Photographs of the house' furniture and countrywares.
- For Russians, summer is dacha season. Weir, Fred // Christian Science Monitor;9/9/99, Vol. 91 Issue 199, p12
Concentrates on dacha, country retreats of various sizes used by Russians as a respite from city life.
- Country style in Connecticut. Rohrs, Kirsten; Santini, Claudio // Colonial Homes;Aug97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p72
Highlights the sunlit country home in southwestern Connecticut, which Ellie Cullman and her husband inherited. How Ellie Cullman, a decorator, started her interest in collecting folk art of all types which are showcased in the house; Two phase-restoration the house undergone; Home's living and...
- A gardener's haven in California. Samuelson, Jeremy // Country Living;Apr94, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p122
Features the Wide Oak Farm 's 1880 Craftsman-style country house and garden in Malibu Canyon, California. Renovation effort of owners Karen Dominguez-Brann and husband Terry; Seasonal botanical displays; Interior decoration; Living room; Open floor plan; Master bedroom; Landscape.
- Collectors' cottage. Morton, Keith Scott // Country Living;May96, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p130
Presents photographs of a country house in Connecticut which features American antiques. Owners Michael and Janice Doniger's passion for American antiques; Comments from Michael Doniger.
- Family compounds: What property costs. Maney, Michele // Town & Country;Jun94, Vol. 148 Issue 5169, p29
Presents country places for family reunions. `Deep Hollow Farm' in Millbrook, New York; `Alpine Meadows' in Victor, Montana; `Casa Palmilla' in Santa Barbara, California.
- Accessing the Empire. Jangigian, Robert // Town & Country;Nov95, Vol. 149 Issue 5186, p118
Features the Attingham Summer School for the Study of the Country House in Britain. Comment from Murray Douglas; Establishment of the school to promote the study of English decorative art abroad and involve American participation in the conservation of country homes; Cost and contact information.
- Caring for your country home. Ingersoll, John H. // Country Living;Oct96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p86
Answers questions about caring for country homes. Fireplace painting; Eliminating squirrels in the attic; Straw as insulation.