Sea Cadets and the Shipmate Program
- SWCC Demonstrations at Portland Rose Festival. Rowley, Eric J. // All Hands;Jul2008, Issue 1096, p34
The article reports on demonstrations and boat rides provided by Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewman from San Diego, California to help recruit new members to the special warfare community at the 101st annual Portland Rose Festival.
- It's the opportunity, stupid. Pierce, Paul T. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2000, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p34
Dissects the advancement opportunity for enlisted men in the United States Navy as of February 2000. Signs of aggregate opportunity edging slightly upward; Reasons for sailors' dissatisfaction; Reasons for slowness in addressing stagnated enlisted advancement opportunity; US Navy as being...
- The Impact of Changes in the Delayed-Entry Program Policy on Navy Recruiting Cost. Morey, Richard C. // Interfaces;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p79
Discusses the effect of changes implemented for the delayed-entry program (DEP) of the United States Navy on its recruiting costs. Description of the Navy's DEP; Objectives of a research study on the Navy DEP; Available Navy recruiting data used for the study; Description of the econometric...
- It's Not about Fun. Butler, Mark // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2002, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p26
Presents an essay on the recruitment of sailors in the U.S. Navy. Difficulties in the training of sailors; Reasons for various applicants to back out from the recruitment; Qualifications for recruitment.
- Navy EOD Expanding, Needs Recruits. Beaufort, Phil // All Hands;Jul2006, Issue 1071, p13
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) to recruit more sailors to become EOD technician.
- The Navy released the latest Selective Reenlistment Bonus (SRB) award levels, effective Feb. 1 for eligible Sailors reenlisting Zones A, B or C, in a naval message. Raines, Kyle // All Hands;May2005, Issue 1057, p6
Reports on the release of the latest Selective Reenlistment Bonus award levels for eligible sailors reenlisting in Zones A, B, or C by the U.S. Navy. Terms and conditions of the incentive scheme; Ratings assigned to various sailors according to expertise and years in service; Efforts of the Navy...
- JCMS Spiral 2 Rolls to Fleet. Suich, Katie // All Hands;May2005, Issue 1057, p11
Focuses on the Job Advertising and Selection System Career Management System (JCMS) initiated by the U.S. Navy. Introduction of the JCMS by the Command and Career Policy Administrators to provide key career management personnel critical information concerning the individual sailor and the billet...
- Remind Them: It's More Than Just a Job. Lanham, Robert S. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2000, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p112
Questions the United States Navy's recruitment strategy's prospects for success. Factors that have contributed to the recruitment difficulties of the service; Quality of the Army's recruitment philosophy; Issues that need to be addressed to ensure the success of the Navy.
- The Armed Forces Need Another Top Gun. Parker, Richard D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Dec2005, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p58
The article focuses on the impact of the motion picture "Top Gun," on military recruitment in the U.S. "Top Gun" was the highest grossing movie of 1986. Box office revenues were more than $176 million but, more important, the film showed that it was great to be in the military. In 1985 the...