- ALABAMA: Riley Wants Tax Relief. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32801, p9
The article reports on the request make by Governor Bob Riley to state lawmakers in Alabama. After Riley heard the predictions, moderate economic growth and recession for the state, he urges lawmakers to support tax relief. According to the University of Alabama's Center for Business and...
- No end yet to market gloom. // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2008, Issue 99, p81
The article reports on the condition of the Australian market. The Australian sharemarket fell sharply in a panic about the spreading U.S. downturn and its spiralling effects. Fears that a U.S. recession might transmit to corporate Australia meant that investors ignored the positive economic...
- Riley's Rainy Day. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p31
Reports on possible plans of Alabama governor Bob Riley to decrease the state's rainy-day fund to prevent cutting budgets of public schools, colleges and universities. Reason for why Riley decreased the rainy-day fund; Transference of multi-million dollar from the rainy-day fund to the...
- Preliminary November U. of Mich. Index at 72.0 vs. 73.2 in October. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article informs that the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index reading was 72.0 in November 2013 compared to the final 73.2 in October 2013. The five-year inflation expectation index was 2.9 percent as compared to 2.8 percent in October 2013 while the one-year...
- Adviser Confidence Rose in May Index. // American Banker;5/31/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 103, p5
The article focuses on the Advisor Confidence Index, which rose slightly in May, 2006 according to a May 30 report by Rydex AdvisorBenchmarking Inc. The index surveys advisors' views on the U.S. economy, and rose from 115.88 to 115.98 since April 2006. Commodity and monetary investment views of...
- Short-term outlook extremely cautious. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p30
Analyzes consumer confidence levels in the U.S. for January 2003. Signs of decline in consumer sentiment; Consumer attitudes toward economic conditions; Consumer confidence by region.
- Confidence is waning. // Business News New Jersey;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p18
Editorial. Examines the movement of the consumer confidence index for the Middle Atlantic region, as of September 1999. Comparison with the national consumer confidence index; Directions of change; Effects of a decline in consumer confidence on businesses.
- Consumer Confidence Takes a Fall in January. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33451, p2
The article reports on the decline of consumer confidence which fall to 72.7 from 74.5 level in December 2010, according to market sources.
- Consumer confidence sustains a positive outlook in August. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/30/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 41, p11
Reports on the Conference Board's consumer confidence index in August 1995. Comparison with month-ago figures; Positive outlook for business conditions; Stable unemployment rate; Low interest rates; Surge in economic growth; Impact of budget battle on Capitol Hill.