Major 3d Quarter Losses Drive S&P To Downgrade West Penn Health
- It's Tiding-Over Time as Houston Offers Up $175M Note Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p5
Houston, Texas on June 26, 2003 will sell $175 million of tax and revenue anticipation notes. This auction marks the fourth electronic note sale by Houston. The deal has won the highest short-term ratings possible from all three ratings agencies, landing Standard & Poor's Corp.'s SP-1-plus,...
- Volatility, Volume No Panacea. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/19/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p11
Reports the volatility of the bond market in New York City. Decline of the credit rating; Business losses of the companies; Instability of the trading profit.
- Charlotte, N.C., to Sell Strongly Rated Utility Debt Tomorrow. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31988, p32
The article highlights that Charlotte, North Carolina will sell some strongly rated utility debt at a $53.3 million storm water bond offering. Scott Greer, the debt manager for the city, said the last new money storm water fee issue from the city was in 2000 and there will likely not be another...
- Midwest Issuance Boosted by Major Illinois, Wisconsin Sales. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p32
Reports on the increase of Midwest debt issuance in Chicago, Illinois. Insurance of taxable appropriation-backed transaction; Improvement in debt service costs; Changes in the interest rates.
- Help Your Kids Graduate From Debt. Kobliner, Beth // Money;Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p34
The article discusses debt management practices for young adults and the role of parents in children's personal debt. The author reflects on repossession of key assets, high-interest debt, and living beyond means. Other topics include loan default, debt ownership, financial gifts, and credit scores.
- Dig your way out of debt fast. Wiesendanger, Betsy // All You;8/1/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p119
The article offers tips on how to eradicate debt fast. The author suggests to list credit balances, to gather one's bill and to jot down creditors. Moreover, she also recommends to negotiate the interest rates with credit card firm, to save money for the emergency fund, and to eliminate one's...
- Financial experts gain by helping others. Dillard, Betty // Fort Worth Business Press;2/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
The article features Cedric Anderson, a financial analyst who started his own financial planning business named Second-Chance Opportunity Source. Anderson helps clients identify and repair inaccuracies in their credit reports. He offers multiple solutions that may include debt management plans...
- Rockingham County, Va., Upgraded to AAA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2014, Issue 34228, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its issuer credit rating on Rockingham County, Va., one notch to AAA from AA-plus.
- South Carolina Tobacco Authority Set to Issue $300M of Refunding Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32903, p6
The article reports on the plan of the South Carolina Tobacco Settlement Revenue Management Authority to sell nearly $300 million of refunding debt on June 20, 2008. The proposed bond sale is partly structured to save the state money and is expected to reach $298.3 million in sales. The public...