It's Tiding-Over Time as Houston Offers Up $175M Note Sale
- Credit where It's due. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing;7/1/2010, p26
The article reports on the expectation of the British government that it will be able to retain its AAA rating as long as its debt-reduction strategy will be realised. It states that it aimed to cut its deficit up to 2.1 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2014 or 2015. According to...
- Slump, Budget Woes Keep Upgrade at Bay. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p46
The article focuses on the initiatives made the local government in Wisconsin to win upgrade credit ratings from the credit rating agency. Economic slum and protracted budget negotiations and budget deficits are the primary caused on the credit rating postponement. It also discusses other...
- Economist fears downgrading of UK credit rating. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p7
The article reports on the risks of receiving a downgraded credit rating due to the inability of the government to manage the public deficit in Great Britain.
- Staggering Indiana Steel Town Hit With Downgrade to Junk Bond Status. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p4
Focuses on the downgrading of the issuer credit rating of East Chicago by Standard and Poor in Indiana. Influence of LTV Corp. and Ispat Inland Inc. on the economic condition of the city; Impact of LTV bankruptcy filings on city finances; Details on the general fund deficit of the city at the...
- Deficit Continues to Hound Tennessee as S&P Puts Debt on CreditWatch. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p6
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers may be risking the state's triple-A credit rating by failing to come up with a permanent fix to its budget deficit. Failure to place the bonds on CreditWatch; State's use of Band-Aid methods to balance its budget.
- Raters confident D.C. will avoid fiscal 2000 deficit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p4
Focuses on favorable credit ratings for Washington, D.C. in the year 2000 brought by its capacity to avoid a fiscal budget deficit. Details of projected financial health of the city; Departmental shortfalls which are possible causes of a fiscal deficit.
- Budget Impasse Comes as No Surprise. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;7/07/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p42
Editorial. Comments on the budget deficit faced by state lawmakers in California. Consequences of failing to meet budget deadline; Credit rating of the state; Impact of partisan politics on the government.
- Kearny, N.J., Shelves GO Deal Amid Onslaught of Bad News. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p1
Reports the declining credit rating for the general obligation bond offering of the state government in New Jersey. Prediction of annual budget deficit; Amount of the operating deficit; Reduction in fund equity.
- Moody's Downgrades Pittsburgh. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p1
Announces that Moody's Investors Service has lowered its rating on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's debt to Ba2 from Ba1 and put the city under review for another possible ratings downgrade. Result of delays in getting approval for the city's five-year financial recovery plan by the Intergovernmental...