House Panel OKs $24 Billion for Rail, $6 Billion for Amtrak
- A new brew of ISTEA. Barnes, David // Traffic World;Oct97, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p19
Discusses the US House Transportation Committee's addition of provisions to the Building Efficient Surface Transportation and Equity Act (BESTEA). Amendment of legislation reauthorizing highway and mass transit programs; Review of safety benefits by the US Department of Transportation;...
- Transportation bill passes House committee. // Texas Agriculture Magazine;2/17/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p4
A summary is presented of the bill H. R. 7, the American Energy and Infrastructure Jobs Act, prepared by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Governors ask House panel for less mandates, more flexibility. Barnes, David // Traffic World;2/6/95, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the appearance of five governors at a hearing called by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Governors' call for increased flexibility in using federal transportation money and implementing government mandates; Surface transportation goals conveyed by the governors.
- Buying time. Barnes, David // Traffic World;09/29/97, Vol. 251 Issue 13, p15
Reports on the US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee's passage of an extension of the highway bill at current spending levels. Showdown between committee chairman Representative Bud Shuster and Speaker Newt Gingrich; US Department of Transportation's opposition to a short-term...
- U.S. mayors say highway proposal vital for addressing traffic congestion. // Pit & Quarry;Dec2003, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p64
Reports on the response of U.S. mayors towards the nation's growing congestion, highway safety and economic problems. Bill draft of the bipartisan leadership of the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee concerning the federal highway and transit funding; Comments from Mayor...
- Mica expects to reverse earmark for Coconut Road before recess. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;11/28/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 140, p3
The article reports on the expectation of Representative John Mica, the ranking member of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on Congress to pass a bill before the December recess that will reverse Representative Don Youngâ€™s notorious Coconut Road earmark in the U.S. According...
- Committee Clears $284 Billion Highway Bill. Friel, Brian; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;3/5/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p677
Reports that the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee has approved a highway and mass transit authorization bill on March 2, 2005. Value of the legislation; Problems in apportioning the federal money among the states.
- House Transportation Bill Lines Up With Bush Budget Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p5
Reports on the introduction of a bill that would provide guaranteed funding for highway and transit construction and related safety initiatives by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Amount guaranteed in the financing plan; Statement of committee chairman Don Young...
- Transportation Success. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32082, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee yesterday unanimously approved legislation that would provide $283.9 billion in guaranteed funding over six years, including funds spent in fiscal 2004, for highway and transit construction and related safety...