Louisiana Lawmakers OK Measure For Emergency Insurance Issuance
- Senate Passes Bill to Help American Samoa's Bonds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee's approval of a bill that would make American Samoa's tax-exempt bonds more attractive to investors. Key provisions of the legislation.
- Compromise Would Shield Power Bonds. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p1
Reports the compromise reached by representatives of municipal and investor-owned utilities on a proposed legislation to preserve tax-exempt status of public power bonds in the United States. Details of the proposal; Context of the compromise agreement; Closeness of the compromise plan to the...
- Market participants criticize ongoing use of retroactive effective dates. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p5
Focuses on the concerns about a trend among legislators of introducing bills aimed at curbing tax exempt bond transactions that carry retroactive effective dates in the United States. Reactions of lawyers and members of municipal bond community to the trend.
- DC Enterprise Zone Bond Program, Other E Zone Programs, Are at a Crossroads. Shay-Byrne, Olivia; Fick, Philip J. // Municipal Finance Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on the District of Columbia's Enterprise Zone bond program which expired on December 31, 2003. U.S. Senate bills which have provisions that would extend the Enterprise Zone bond program beyond December 31, 2003; Tax-exempt Enterprise Zone facility bonds issued by the District;...
- Tree Farm Deal Puts Conservationist Tax-Exempt Bill on Indefinite Hold. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31595, p7
Focuses on a bill that would allow a nonprofit conservation group to buy a tree farm with tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. Features of the bill; Impact of the bill on the bond market; Energy industry issues related to the bill.
- New Bill Would Allow Tax-Exempt Financing for Gas Contracts. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p3
Reports on the introduction of legislation that would retroactively allow tax-exempt bonds to be issued for prepaid natural gas contracts. Senators who introduced the legislative bill; Broad energy package introduced in February 2001 by Senator Frank Murkowski.
- Hall says he will not press effort for bond limits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30727, p4
Reports on the plan of Representative Ralph Hall to withdraw a bill that could prevent a variety of tax-exempt financings if they funded projects that compete with privately funded projects. Highlights of a Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board forum.
- Va. Senate Panel OKs $1.4B in Higher Ed Bond Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;
Reports on possible approval of a legislation that authorizes the issuance of multibillion dollar tax-exempt debt as a part of higher education project in Virginia. Possibility of non-issuance of general obligation debt; Outline of the proposed budget for the fiscal 2003-2004.
- NAII takes exception to Clinton balanced budget proposal' danger to tax-exept bond investments. // Insurance Advocate;2/10/96, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the National Association of Independent Insurers (NAII)'s criticism of a provision in President Bill Clinton's seven-year balanced budget proposal, claiming it would discourage investment in tax-exempt bonds, thus jeopardizing substantial funds to state and local governments. ...