$400 Million Tran Deal Will Keep New Mexico Liquid
- NEW MEXICO: Foes Swap Fiscal Blows. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33417, p9
The article reports on the disagreement issue between outgoing Governor Bill Richardson and Governor-elect Susana Martinez regarding the possible 450 million U.S.-dollar revenue slump in New Mexico in 2011.
- NEW MEXICO: Revenue Task Force Set Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/17/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33218, p9
The article reports on the institution of a revenue task force in New Mexico initiated by Governor Bill Richardson. The team, comprised of 40 members is formed to provide revenue alternatives to manage the state's budget. The governor has also released an executive order that demands the...
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p42
This section offers news briefs on the motor vehicle industry in the U.S. A legislation was signed by New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson that allows motor vehicle lease and rental contracts to include broad form indemnification clauses. Con-way Truckload has announced a new driver compensation...
- Upward bound? Fischer, David; Auster, Bruce B. // U.S. News & World Report;12/09/96, Vol. 121 Issue 23, p23
Discusses why representative Bill Richardson looks like a possible candidate for Commerce Secretary. His possible replacement of Mickey Kantor; His participation in negotiations with Cuba's Fidel Castro and Iraq's Saddam Hussein.
- Bill Richardson. // U.S. News & World Report;7/31/95, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on Bill Richardson, a congressman from New Mexico who helped negotiate the release of a downed United States helicopter pilot from North Korea. How he has since talked Saddam Hussein into freeing two Americans jailed for four months for taking a wrong turn into Iraq.
- Amendment Day. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the support of Governor Bill Richardson for two constitutional amendments in New Mexico. Derivation of revenue for potential bond issues; Increase of dividend for public education.
- Making Hispanic History. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/1/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p3
The article profiles Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico.
- Richardson Nixes Food Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/30/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33290, p9
The article reports on the decision of New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson to reject a partial re-imposition of the state sales tax on groceries.
- New Mexico Governor Hopes to Get His GRIP Through a Loaded Special Session. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p32
Reports on the legislative initiatives of Governor Bill Richardson in New Mexico. Tax reform package of Richardson; Bond program for transportation; Economic development program of Richardson.