California Republicans Shoot Down Tobacco As Way to Pass '04 Budget
- California Approves Bonds, Cuts. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p1
California Legislature has approved on May 1, 2003 the sale of 1.85 billion dollars of pension bonds along with a package of 1.76 billion dollars in budget cuts, taking the first major steps in a month toward making an improvement in the state's budget deficit. Governor Gray Davis approved of...
- California governor's record budget plan includes $2.9 billion in bonds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p4
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis' proposal for a 2.9 billion dollar bond financing. Spending plan for 2000; Appropriations of the budget of the state.
- Gov. Davis signs law allowing California to sell GOs online. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/29/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30736, p5
Reports that Governor Gray Davis has signed a bill allowing California to sell its general obligation bonds online. Investment in high-yielding asset-backed commercial paper.
- California Budget Closer. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30920, p1
Reports on concerns by California Governor Gray Davis on the budget approved by the State Assembly for the fiscal year that begins July 1, 2000. Total budget; Non-inclusion of Davis' tax credit and sales tax revenue proposals; Assembly's response to Davis' concerns; Proposed transportation...
- State budget shortfall will require fancy footwork. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/7/2001, Issue 322859, p26
Editorial. Comments on the impact of Governor Gray Davis decision to state budget in California. Anticipation of budget shortage over the next years; Need to balance the budget; Expectations during the session for budget and revenue legislation.
- Governor's New Budget Proposal Another Strike Out. // San Diego Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p34
Editorial. Comments on the impact of the budget proposal of Governor Gray Davis on various businesses in San Diego, California. Reduction on the number of government programs; Factors influencing the increase of taxes; Level of profitability.
- The Fleecing of California--Spend Now, Worry Later. Battin, Jim // San Diego Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p35
Comments on the defeat of the proposed 2001-2002 budget of California Governor Gray Davis in the state legislature. Reasons behind the defeat of the proposed budget; Objectionable features; Need for a bipartisan measure that will demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- California Lawmakers Approve Rail, Hetch Hetchy Measures. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p36
Reports the proposition of bond-related legislation to Governor Gray Davis by lawmakers in California. Time coverage allotted for the governor to review the legislation; Description of the proposed bills; Lawmakers responsible for the introduction of the bills.
- California Voters Will Consider Two GO Issues Totaling $2.8B. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p1
Reports the consideration on the approval of two general obligation bond measures by California voters. Authorization of $2.6 billion bond sale for park improvement and $200 million to upgrade county voting equipment; Bills on park and voting system bonds signed by California governor Gray...