Rating Agencies: MassPike Finally Approaching More Stable Ground
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p31
Reports on changes in ratings assigned to bonds by various rating providing services in the U.S. as of March 8, 2002. Ratings given to solid waste system revenue bonds issued in New Jersey by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Change in ratings of general obligation bonds issued in Maryland by Moody's...
- Moody's Downgrades California's GO Bond Rating One Notch to A3. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p1
Reports on the degradation of ratings for California's general obligation bonds by rating agency, Moody's Investors Service Inc. Factors responsible for the degradation; Actions need to be taken by California to upgrade the ratings for its bonds; Other financial services degraded by the rating...
- Moody's, Fitch Theater Further Downgrades of Tobacco Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p4
Reports on possible downgrade in ratings of tobacco bonds by ratings agencies Moody's Investors Services Inc. and Fitch Ratings Inc. Reason behind the downgrade in ratings of bonds; Impact of the downgrade in ratings of bonds on other general obligation bonds.
- Lehman debt demoted. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;3/27/95, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p122
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s downgrading of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s debt. Reason for Moody's action.
- Lehman on review for possible upgrade. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;08/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30449, p25
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has placed the long-term debt ratings of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries under review for possible upgrade.
- Moody's Releases CDO Indices. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Presents information on the release of the first installment of a research suite called CDO Navigator by finacial services firm Moody's Investors Service in January 2002.
- Moody's: Guarantor outlook is positive. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p30
Cites a report released by Moody's Investors Service Inc., concerning the prospects for financial guarantors in the United States. Guarantors' decision to re-focus on their core enhancement franchise; Departure from less-profitable business lines; Strengthening of risk-management processes.
- Moody's: Variable Annuities Imperil Insurers' Credit. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;10/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 199, p11
Cites a report by Moody's Investor Service Inc. regarding the insurance industry in the United States. Effect of competition in the industry on companies; Proposed measures to improve credit quality and variable annuity results; Proposed measures for companies to be profitable in the industry.
- Moody's Downgrades California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of California that were downgraded by financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-billion dollar revenue shortfall that has led to the downgrade; Significance of the ratings; Expectations of financial analysts regarding the state's deficits.