Fisher: Economy Seems Stable
- Deflation and the US Economy: Are we There Yet? Crocker, Prescott // High Yield Report;1/14/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p5
Examines the impact of deflation on the U.S. economy. Challenge to central bank policy; Dis-inflationary trend in prices; Overabundance of industrial and service capacity.
- U.S. should wake up to signs of emerging worldwide deflation. Dombrowski, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;10/09/98, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p11
Opinion. Focuses on the signs of economic deflation in the United States. Traditional dictionary definition of economic deflation; Influence of the strong United States dollar on the prices of American products overseas; Overview on signs of upcoming economic deflation in the country.
- What's Next for the Economy? Wagner, Cynthia G. // Futurist;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p6
Forecasts an era of excess supply and falling prices called deflation in the United States (US). Financial strategies to manage the deflation; Economic indicators in the US; Sectors of the US economy that will outperform the markets.
- Deflation is the problem in a tight economy. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;12/11/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30538, p7
Focuses on the problem of deflation in a tight economy in the United States. Financial views affecting the global economy; Inverted real interest rate yield curve; Credit spreads.
- If prices fall too far, duck. Glassman, James K. // U.S. News & World Report;10/27/97, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p65
Comments on the United States' economy. Deflation as a possible threat to a booming economy; Mention of inflation.
- From inflation... to disinflation... to deflation. Prechter, Robert // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the performance of the U.S. economy from 1960 to 2000. Elliott Wave Principle; Shift from disinflation to outright deflation; Growth in the credit market; Credit contraction.
- Going down... Brindley, David // U.S. News & World Report;01/19/98, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p70
Discusses the impact of deflation in the United States economy as of January 19, 1998. Reaction from Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan; The possibility that the Federal Reserve could cut interest rates in the near future.
- In praise of deflation. Quinn, Jane Bryant // Newsweek;2/16/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p45
Argues that mild deflation in the United States is a scenario to be welcomed, not feared. Remoteness of the possibility of any deflation at all; Why deflation in 1998 would not lead to a depression like that of the 1930s; How deflation could be a good thing; Stock performances in times of...
- How high can it go? Bailey, Stewart // Finance Week;2/3/2003, p33
Reports on the factors influencing the increase rate of gold price. Economic conditions of the US; Political tensions in Iraq; Threat of deflation.