ABA Corporate Trust Committee: Judge's Ruling Could Hurt Trustees
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Most Charages Against U.S. Trust Co. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p1
Reports on the refusal of a Washington State Judge to dismiss investor's securities fraud charges against the bank U.S. Trust Co. in a municipal bond case. Overview of charges leveled against the bank; Grounds cited by investors in their plea; Statements of the judge on the ruling; Likely...
- Ruling Sparks Dispute Over Trustee Duty. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p1
This article focuses on the plans of the U.S. Trust Co. to appeal a ruling by a Washington state judge that its lawyers claim could dramatically change the corporate trust business and force trustees, at increased costs to issuers, to conduct due diligence investigations of pending municipal...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Presents municipal bond market figures current as of August 12, 1997. Triple-A; Pre-tax equivalent; Treasuries; Florida yield curve.
- Market statistics. Lulkovich, Joan // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p32
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market as of August 14, 1997. Market indicators; United States securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market data general obligation yields; One-year note index; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; Futures markets.
- Muni bond funds facing obstacles. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/17/97 Supplement Florida, Vol. 322, p12A
Focuses on the status of the municipal bond market in Florida as of 1997. Trends indicating market emphasis on bond structure; Impact of bond insurance on the state's municipal bond business; Comments from state-based brokers.