GAY MEN, LESBIANS AND SEX: DOING IT TOGETHER
- Ladies mile. Levy, Ariel // New York;08/03/98, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p30
Focuses on the gay and lesbian population of the Hamptons, New York. The Hamptons as long being a power base for gay men, but lesbians as becoming more prevalent in past years; The Swamp as the area's reigning gay bar; Owner Linda Batiancela; The East End Gay Organization.
- The Far Right. // Advocate;08/31/99, Issue 793, p18
Reports on the success of the Exodus International's annual conference for gay and lesbian people in Wheaton, Illinois. Attendance; Comments of Bob Davies, executive director of Exodus, on the significance of the conference's success; Failure of the reparative therapy promoted by the conference.
- BORN A WOMAN. Potts, Adrienne E. // Body Politic;Jul/Aug72, Issue 5, p15
Discusses the lifestyle instilled by the society in women. Comparison between the childhood of girls and boys; Reason that gay women are oppressed.
- Fighting Fear in Costa Rica. Carstensen, Jeanne // Advocate;1/28/92, Issue 595, p36
Reports on the growth of the gay association La Asociacion en Lucha Contra el Sida or the Association for the Struggle Against AIDS in Costa Rica. Challenges faced by gays and lesbians in Costa Rica which is predominantly Catholic; Formation of the association by Jacobo Schifter; Descriptio of...
- GLBTQI MOTORCYCLE GROUP. // Empty Closet;Jun2008, Issue 413, p4C
The article provides information on the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (GLBTQI) in Rochester, New York. It mentions that the group is planning to organize several riding activities for 2008. Accordingly, the author emphasizes that the group is meeting in frequent places...
- HOMOFILE. // Advocate;4/6/93, Issue 626, p9
Presents news items related to gays and lesbians in the U.S. for the week of April 6, 1993. Creating Change conference for gay and lesbian activists; Release of the video 'Hate, Lies, and Videotape' by the Gay and Lesbian Emergency Media Campaign; Fifth annual Sager Symposium in Lesbian,...
- Do ask--do tell. Hernandez, Debra Gersh // Editor & Publisher;6/22/96, Vol. 129 Issue 25, p13
Reports on the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association's (NLGJA) offer of a free information seminar about homosexuality and the workplace. Integration of the seminar into Knight-Ridder's training programs; Aim to help participants understand that homophobia as a workplace issue;...
- Goodbye Wave. Centeno, Chris Jai // Xtra (Toronto);6/22/2006, Issue 565, p33
Reports that Wave, or the Lesbian Gay and Bisexual Youth of Toronto, folded in January 2006 due to low attendance and a lack of facilitators. Factor which caused Wave's dissolution; Historical background of Wave; Need for the kind of space Wave provided.
- State NOW Gets Behind Rights Struggle. // Advocate;7/16/75, Issue 168, p5
Reports that the National Organization for Women's statewide convention in Tennessee has passed a resolution affirming the right of gay women to maintain their lifestyles.