GAY MEN, LESBIANS AND SEX: DOING IT TOGETHER
- SHORT TAKES: Brea, CA. // Advocate;10/14/82, Issue 353, p18
Reports on the formation of a group called Gay and Lesbian Orange County Engineers and Scientists in Brea, California. Featured speaker in the group's October 1982 meeting; Membership information; Contact information.
- GLBTQI MOTORCYCLE GROUP. // Empty Closet;Jun2008, Issue 413, p4C
The article provides information on the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (GLBTQI) in Rochester, New York. It mentions that the group is planning to organize several riding activities for 2008. Accordingly, the author emphasizes that the group is meeting in frequent places...
- Living on Tokyo Time. Mulholland, Aefa // Curve;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on lesbian nightlife in Tokyo, Japan. There are women's bars, drag king venues, host clubs, lounges, dance bars and social salon spaces. Bars usually charge an admission fee of three to ten dollars and it usually provides a drink or two and a "snack." It is also very easy to...
- NATIONAL: AMA Delays Report On Homosexual 'Cure' // Advocate;7/23/81, Issue 322, p10
Reports on the delay of announcing the results of a study conducted by the American Medical Association on gays. Referral of the results back to the Council on Scientific Affairs; Objections raised by gay physicians to the language of the report; Suggestion of editing the report.
- Program aims to end school violence. Kiritsy, Laura // Bay Windows;3/18/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p3
Provides information on the Safe Schools and Communities program created by the Greater Boston chapter of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays. Advantage of the program to GLBT people; Financial sources of the program; Information on the fund raising project hosted by the...
- Rushing to come out. Vary, Adam E. // Advocate;10/12/2004, Issue 924, p47
This article focuses on the gay and lesbian members of college fraternities in the U.S. Several major national fraternities have added sexual orientation to their nondiscrimination policies. As a freshman at Northern Arizona University, Travis Shumake was an out cheerleader and freshman class...
- '95 in review: The bad and new. Torres, Vicki // Lesbian News;Jan96, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on the challenges gays and lesbians encountered in 1995. Information on a domestic partner ordinance in Northampton, Massachusetts that was overturned; Reference to Colorado's anti-gay Amendment; Complaints by the owners of the `Los Angeles 0Times' periodical regarding coverage of a gay...
- The killer gets roses. Mister Marcus // Bay Area Reporter;8/22/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p38
Reports on news and developments of interest to gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender in San Francisco Bay Area, California. Presentation of the second edition of 'Who Murdered Donna Sachet,' at the Russian Center; Fund raising events in the area.
- Oh, karaoke! Sweet Lips // Bay Area Reporter;8/22/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p39
Reports on entertainment events and venues for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender in San Francisco Bay Area, California. Singing events at the Mint and Club Rendez-Vous; Celebrations at the Polk Street Fair Weekend.
- After Aunt Lillian. Dodds, Richard // Bay Area Reporter;8/22/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p27
Reports on news and developments of interest to gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender in San Francisco Bay Area, California. Highlights of author and drag star Charles Busch's career; Celebration of the San Francisco Fringe Festival; Liebe Wetzel and her Lunatique Fantastique troup's...