FIRST BLACK FEMALE POLICE CHIEF
- COMMENTARY: Promotion Firsts in Perspective. Mitchell, Jerry // Speakin' Out News;6/20/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p1
The article argues on the promotion of the first female deputy chief and first African American police captain at Huntsville Police Department (HPD) in Alabama.
- POLICE CHIEF, ST. PAUL, MINN. // Ebony;Aug2004, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p10
Features African American police chief John Harrington of St. Paul in Minnesota. Career background; Educational background.
- Sgt. Dennis Stone, Violin Maker: IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE OLD MASTERS. // Ebony;Nov1978, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p72
The article features Dennis Stone, an African American sergeant first class in the U.S. Army Band who has a passion for creating valuable string instruments like violin.
- Ex-police chief Moose still racing down the money trail. Malkin, Michelle // Fort Worth Business Press;9/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p72
Presents an article on the character of former Montgomery County, Maryland Police Chief Charles A. Moose. Criticism against his decision to quit as a police chief to collect royalties from his memoir; Comments on his over zealousness against race discrimination; Complaints of rank-and-file cops...
- East Orange top cop stripped of award. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/05/96, Vol. 87 Issue 40, p4
Reports that the National Law Enforcement Award which was presented to East Orange Police Chief Harry E. Harman, was rescinded by the National Black Police Association (NBPA). Reason the award was taken from Harman; Reason the award is given to individuals.
- New Haven gets first black police chief. // Jet;3/10/97, Vol. 91 Issue 16, p46
Announces the appointment of New Haven, Connecticut's first black police chief. Melvin Wearing sworn in to office on February, 24 1997; Background on Wearing; Comments from Wearing.
- KANSAS CITY'S TOP COP. Banks, Lacy J. // Ebony;Oct1970, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p35
The article offers information on Boston Daniels, the first African American police chief of the Kansas City, Kansas. It reports that after 25 years of service, Daniels has been promoted to the chief of Kansas City's 272-man police department. He has a record of solving over 5,000 criminal...
- FAMED CHARLESTON POLICE CHIEF RETIRES. // Jet;9/5/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the retirement of Charleston, South Carolina, Police Chief Reuben Greenberg, the city's first Black chief. Efforts of Greenberg to combat crime and the drug trade; Reference to the book "Let's Take Back Our Streets," in which Greenberg advocated police harassing suspected or potential...
- Joyce Stephen Named New York City Police Dept.'s 1st Black Female Deputy Chief. // Jet;3/24/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p47
Inspector Joyce Stephen was sworn in as deputy chief of the New York Police Department (NYPD), becoming the first black woman to hold the prestigious post. Stephen, 45, who holds a bachelors of science degree in criminal justice from John Jay College of Criminal Justice, joined the NYPD in 1981...