Georgia's $173 Million General Obligation Deal First for State This Year
- Georgia Closes Off Heavy Year With $240 Million GO Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p3
No abstract available.
- Philadelphia Skipping November GO Vote as $70M Fails to Gain Support. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p36
Reports that Philadelphia will not ask its voters to approve general obligation bonds in November 2005. Deadline for placing referendums on the ballot after a bill authorizing a bond in question failed to win the necessary two-thirds majority; Calls for the city to adopt a new procedure for...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Oversight Board to Decide on Borrowing Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p3
Reports on the expected delay approval of the plan to sell long-term insured general obligation bonds by the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority (BFSA) of New York. Value of the general obligation bond; Worth of the deficit financing of the state; Expectation on the credit rating of BFSA.
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- Chicago Transit Selling $250M of Top-Rated Grant Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p3
Reports that the Chicago Transit Authority's $250 million triple-A insured federal transit grant anticipation bond issue planned for October 2004 received underlying mid-level single-A ratings from Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's. Key features of the bond issue; Analysis of...
- Vermont's January to Include Mixed Deal of Up to $110 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p28
Reports that Vermont plans to sell a mix of current and advance refunding bonds in late January 2004. Investment banks chosen by Treasurer Jeb Spaulding; Sale of general obligation bonds; Credit ratings of Vermont's bonds.
- Vallejo USD: We're Not Declaring Bankruptcy. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p4
The article reports on the stability of the bonds of the Unified School District (USD) in Vallejo, California. District spokesman Jason Hodge revealed that they will not declare bankruptcy for their issued bonds that will be used to build schools are safe and secure. They have about $153 million...
- Shelby County, Tenn., to Sell $85 Million Tan Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p40
Reports on the plan of the Shelby County to sell tax anticipation notes in Tennessee. Total value of the notes issued for the purpose; Basis of ratings given by the rating agencies for the deal; Use of the proceeds to bolster the county's finances.
- Fitch upgrades Miami's GOs and Limited Ad-Valorem Tax Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p6
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded Miami, Florida's $96.5 million in outstanding general obligation bonds to A-minus from BBB-plus. Upgrading of the city's outstanding limited ad valorem tax bonds; Bases of the positive rating outlook.