Georgia's $173 Million General Obligation Deal First for State This Year
- Georgia Closes Off Heavy Year With $240 Million GO Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p3
No abstract available.
- Philadelphia Skipping November GO Vote as $70M Fails to Gain Support. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p36
Reports that Philadelphia will not ask its voters to approve general obligation bonds in November 2005. Deadline for placing referendums on the ballot after a bill authorizing a bond in question failed to win the necessary two-thirds majority; Calls for the city to adopt a new procedure for...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Oversight Board to Decide on Borrowing Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p3
Reports on the expected delay approval of the plan to sell long-term insured general obligation bonds by the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority (BFSA) of New York. Value of the general obligation bond; Worth of the deficit financing of the state; Expectation on the credit rating of BFSA.
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- Chicago Transit Selling $250M of Top-Rated Grant Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p3
Reports that the Chicago Transit Authority's $250 million triple-A insured federal transit grant anticipation bond issue planned for October 2004 received underlying mid-level single-A ratings from Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's. Key features of the bond issue; Analysis of...
- Vermont's January to Include Mixed Deal of Up to $110 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p28
Reports that Vermont plans to sell a mix of current and advance refunding bonds in late January 2004. Investment banks chosen by Treasurer Jeb Spaulding; Sale of general obligation bonds; Credit ratings of Vermont's bonds.
- Shelby County, Tenn., to Sell $85 Million Tan Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p40
Reports on the plan of the Shelby County to sell tax anticipation notes in Tennessee. Total value of the notes issued for the purpose; Basis of ratings given by the rating agencies for the deal; Use of the proceeds to bolster the county's finances.
- Fitch upgrades Miami's GOs and Limited Ad-Valorem Tax Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p6
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded Miami, Florida's $96.5 million in outstanding general obligation bonds to A-minus from BBB-plus. Upgrading of the city's outstanding limited ad valorem tax bonds; Bases of the positive rating outlook.
- Merged Louisville/Jefferson Metro Government in First GO Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p29
This article reports that the Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government in Kentucky is readying its first general obligation deal as a merged government, with plans to sell about $3 million of debt today. Today's deal is expected to benefit from recent positive rating actions. Moody's...