IRS Liberty Bond Clarification Could Move Projects Forward
- New York Agencies Seek Added Concessions for Liberty Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p1
Reports the request for clarification on the purpose of Liberty bonds by the New York City Economic Development Corp. and Empire State Development Corp. in Washington. Letter sent to the Treasury Department on the costs covered by the Liberty bonds; Condition for the taxation of public costs;...
- N.Y. City Seeks Wetland Mitigation Bank Partners. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34035, p1
The article informs that New York City Economic Development Corp. (NYCEDC), a not-for-profit corporation, is seeking partners who can construct and operate New York's first wetland mitigation bank situated on the West Shore of Staten Island, New York. It mentions views of the president of Empire...
- ESDC Panel Clears $160M in Ballpark Bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32368, p6
The article reports that the New York City- based company Empire State Development Corp. has gave its preliminary approval for up to 160 million dollars of state-backed bonds to finance parking facilities for the stadiums planned for the Major League Baseball's teams Mets and Yankees. In...
- IRS to Audit 40 Deals Over Penalties. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit 40 tax-exempt governmental bond issues beginning January 2003. Reasons for the audit; Areas to be examined by IRS; Penalty for the issuers not meeting payment requirements of arbitrage.
- Government Does a Poor Job of Respecting Online Privacy. Kemp, Jack // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p35
Reports on the United States government's respect to online privacy. U.S. Internal Revenue Service's downloading of electronically filed tax forms; Security of government computer systems; Computer security products.
- Stocks/debt loss allocations. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on tax regulations from United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) affecting the allocation of loss recognized on the disposition of stock assets.
- Mark-to-market regs released. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines on the regulation of securities. Effectivity of guidelines.
- IRS Auditing 1999 School COPs. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p2
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's examination of 1999 pooled tax and revenue anticipation note issue sold by a group of four school districts in California. Certificates of participation issued.
- IRS seeks to fill two positions in new government operating division. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p5
Reports on United States Internal Revenue Service's search for professionals with experience in municipal bonds and management to fill positions for the additional division of the agency. Overseeing of government finance and other issues.