N.J., N.Y. Agencies Take to the Roads With Close to $2 Billion
- Volatile Mix: Trucks, Road Widening And Toll Hikes. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;9/29/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the different reactions of three trucker associations to the proposed toll hikes on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway which would double tolls by 2012 if the New Jersey Turnpike Authority ratified them. It says that the groups will state their opinions to...
- Computran awarded ATSC weather surveillance system contract. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Nov97, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p21
Reports the awarding of the contract to design an Automated Traffic Surveillance and Control System (ATSC) to Computran Systems Corp. by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. Features of the system; Elements that can be detected by the system.
- New Jersey Turnpike Authority OKs toll hikes. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the approval by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority of a revised plan for toll increases on October 10, 2008. The move comes following request of Governor Jon Corzine to lessen the burden on families in the state. Under the plan, the toll for the average truck trip on the...
- Jim McGreevey's On the Right Road. // Business News New Jersey;1/7/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
Reports the demand of governor-elect Jim McGreevey for the resignation of Edward Gross, executive director of the New Jersey Turpike in New Jersey. Statement of McGreevey on the irresponsibility of Gross; Accountability of the Turnpike Authority on among highway authorities; cause of the...
- Senator Questions Toll Hike Plan. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p2
The article reports that Republican Senator Leonard Lance is questioning the proposed toll hikes on the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway. Lance asked whether using revenue from the toll hikes to fund a new rail tunnel between New Jersey and Manhattan, New York, was legal. The...
- Woodbridge, New Jersey EDUCATING DRIVERS TO USE RECYCLING DRUMS AT TURNPIKE STOPS. // BioCycle;Oct2004, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the installation of recycling drums for motorists along the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Determinants of the project; Proponents of the initiative; Implication of the program for motorists.
- Munis Steady as N.J. Tpk., Duke Univ. Issues Head to Market. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/22/2015, p20
The article reports on the status-quo in the price of the municipal bonds dealt by Duke University and the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.
- Muni Prices Rise as N.J. Turnpike, Duke University Issues Sell. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/22/2015, p34
The article reports that the prices of municipal bonds rose on October 22, 2015 as the New Jersey Turnpike Authority (NJTA) and Duke University came to the market with deals.
- Moving right along. LAIRD, JEAN H.; PAUL, JOHN A. // Roads & Bridges;Mar2009, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p42
The article reports on the road and bridge responsibilities of the New Jersey Turnpike Authority (NJTA). Committed to the safe movement of people, goods and information, the NJTA owns and manages the New Jersey Turnpike and the Golden State Parkway. It inspects road and bridge structures under...