Gov. Perry Signs Texas Transport Bill, Presaging Big Issuance
- Texas House OKs Toll Ban. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32606, p1
The article reports on the ruling of the Texas House of Representatives regarding the passage of the two-year ban on private toll roads in the U.S. Accordingly, the House Bill 2772 sponsored by Brenham Representative Lois Kolkhorst and the Senate Bill 1267 by Jacksonville Senator Robert Nichols...
- Discussing the future of toll roads in Texas. Nichols, Robert // Malakoff News (TX);3/16/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p4A
The article discusses the monopolistic system in the toll road industry of Texas, as well as a proposed bill that aims to bring regulatory reforms in the industry.
- New Twists and Turns Plague Privatized Texas Transportation. Powers, E. Michael // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/7/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 17, p14
The article reports on the approval of a measure by the houses of the Texas legislature that places a two-year moratorium on the creation of privately held toll roads. House Bill 1892 places a two-year freeze on components of Trans-Texas Corridor 35, along with other comprehensive toll-road...
- Toll Road Courts Investors. Jensen, Randall // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/29/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 16, p9
The article reports that the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency (TCA) in Orange County, California seeks aid from investors towards the restructure of its bonds to maintain debt-service payment increase in check. It mentions that the agency asks bondholders to extend the maturity...
- Light rail pipe dream catches fire. Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/5/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the developments in the Trans-Texas Corridor 35 (TTC-35) toll road plan which could free the Union Pacific railway in Austin-San Antonio Texas. Features of TTC-35; Estimated cost of the project; Actions taken by real estate developer to capitalize on the pedestrian traffic that the...
- Testing the toll. // Commercial Motor;1/1/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5060, p28
Evaluates a journey experience at the completed M6 Toll road in Birmingham, England. Highlights of the tests conducted for the constructed toll road facility; Type of vehicles at the toll site; Time required to travel the traffic route.
- Agencies' cooperation gives strength to Florida's toll road debt. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p36
Reports the role of toll road agencies and bond issues in alleviating public debt and improving transportation conditions in Tampa, Florida. Significance of strong credit outlook in debt-servicing; Link between debt and equity contributions; Indication of road building projects.
- Turnpike Debt Curb Urged. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/24/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33933, p9
The article informs that according to auditor general of Pennsylvania, financial obligations is making the state's Turnpike debt unsustainable and tolls smashing for motorists and businesses.
- S&P Upgrades Ohio Turnpike Debt to AA. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30482, p27
Reports that Standard & Poor's has upgraded Ohio Turnpike Commission's debt to AA. Pricing of Merrill Lynch & Co.'s turnpike revenue bonds; Revenue and traffic volume of turnpikes.