N.Y. MTA Awarded $50 Million for Transit Center
- Time running out for suburban bus service. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/30/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p12A
The article reports on the waiting time of the riders of IndyGo Commuter Express bus lines between downtown and Hamilton Country for the continuation of its service operation. It discusses on the request of transportation officials and planners working in Indiana Department of Transportation for...
- Dallas commuter line grant. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2009, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on a grant for Denton County Transportation Authority's A-Train commuter rail project received from the Texas Department of Transportation. The line will connect Denton to Carrollton, a transfer point to Dallas Area Rapid Transit's future Green Line. A design, build, operate...
- California Focuses Grant Applications On Statewide High-Speed Rail Project. // U.S. Rail News;11/18/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the decision of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to focus on grant applications on statewide high-speed rail project. The amount of 1.1 billion dollars in economic stimulus funds was applied by state transportation officials for 29 commuter rail projects....
- Moving Closer to the Station in New Jersey. Greco, JoAnn // Planning;Jun2009, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses New Jersey's Urban Transit Hub tax credit law that is designed to finance large companies for construction projects they undertake to move closer to railroad stations, thus enabling increased ridership. Opponents such as planner Carlos Rodriguez of the tri-state Regional...
- Grant covers land purchase at Spirit of St. Louis Airport. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;11/7/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 45, pA7
The article reports that a grant through the Missouri Highways and Transportation Airport Aid Agreement will reimburse some land acquisition costs along the taxiway at Spirit of Saint Louis Airport in Chesterfield.
- MICHIGAN: City, County Get Bus Grant. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33753, p7
The article presents information on an announcement made by officials from Detroit, Michigan regarding a 30 million U.S. dollars federal grant won by the city to buy and upgrade buses among other capital upgrades.
- Rail Wins Big With TIGER. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;2/18/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33268, p1
The article reports on 1.5-billion dollar grants or loans subsidy funds given by Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) to 12 states including Texas, Arkansas and North Carolina. It notes that the grants are to be used in the improvement of transportation in the U.S....
- TTI to Continue Leading Regional Center. // Texas Transportation Researcher;Mar2012, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the 3.5-million federal grant received by Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) for the expansion of the operation of Southwest Region University Transportation Center (SWUTC).
- Eugene Safe Routes to School Program Receives $495,000. // Bicycle Paper;Mar2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p2
The article announces a grant awarded by the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and the National Safe Routes to School program to the City of Eugene in Oregon and the Eugene Safe Route to School program.