Manchester, N.H., Plans $27.5 Million Issue for Double-A Ballpark
- Belvidere baseball proposal could strike out. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;08/16/99, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p9
Reports on Belvidere, Illinois officials' consideration of a proposal for a minor league baseball team in a new stadium complex. Northwest Illinois Baseball Foundation President Patrick Fox's plan to build a stadium near the DaimlerChrysler AG plant; Funding sources being considered; Rockford's...
- Minor (League) Victories. // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug2000, Issue 230, p4
Reports on the status of minor-league baseball in the United States as of July 2000. Information on minority ownership of stadiums; Problems associated with minor-league baseball.
- Between a County and Its Mud Hens, a Bond That Endures. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p27
Reports on a unique taxable economic development bond issue brought by Lucas County, Ohio, to finance the stadium project of Toledo, Ohio's Mud Hens minor league baseball team. Expected sale on March 17, 2001; Non-tax revenue backing; Uniqueness of the deal arising from the close, long-term...
- Dayton, Ohio, wins minor league baseball team; bond issue to follow. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;02/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30587, p5
Reports on the plans of the city of Dayton, Ohio, to issue bonds to help build a stadium for a minor league baseball team. Pricing of the bonds; Bond securitization; Bonds previously issued by the city to fund improvements in the proposed stadium's site.
- Bringing baseball back to Springfield. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Jun95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
Deals with the relocation of the Harrisburg Senators, a Montreal Expos baseball farm club based in Pennsylvania, to Springfield, Massachusetts. Need for approval by the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues and Major League Baseball; Construction of a stadium at the Chicopee...
- Covering all the bases. Slania, John T. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, pSB1
Minor league owners find fields of dreams in suburban locations, but success requires squeezing every nickel from revenue streams. Downtown Gary, Indiana seems an unlikely place for a glistening new baseball stadium, but it's home to the Gary SouthShore RailCats, the newest minor league baseball...
- On the hot seat. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/10/99, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the efforts of general managers of four minor league baseball franchises in Grand Rapids, Michigan to make sure there are no vacant seats at the Old Kent Park and the Van Andel Arena during game days. Plans to encourage season-ticket holders to be present at games; Negative impact of...
- Mt. Clemens report pitches minor-league ball by 2003. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the possible placement of a minor-league baseball facility in Mount Clemens, Michigan by June 2003. Estimated cost of an outdoor stadium; Possible sources of funds for the stadium; Possible sites for the stadium.
- It's a hit. Campbell, Spencer // Business North Carolina;Jun2014, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p66
A photo essay which documents the minor-league baseball events at a downtown stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2014 is presented.