New Orleans Port Downgraded by S&P
- Good Times for Goodyear. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/10/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32896, p8
The article reports on the upgrades received by Goodyear on its general obligation debt, water and sewer revenue debt, and improvement bonds from Standard & Poor's Corp. ahead of a $44.5 million sale in Arizona. The rating agency upgraded the improvement bonds issued by Goodyear on behalf of the...
- Repairing Georges' damage proving expensive for port. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/19/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p17
Focuses on the damages caused on the Port of New Orleans in Louisiana by Hurricane Georges. Estimates of the value of the damages; Silt dumped by the storm on the port; Impact of the damage on container cargo serviced by the port.
- The big squeeze. Snadowsky, Leslie Tamar // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p19
Focuses on the lack of available space at the Port of New Orleans. Comments of John price, president of Gateway Terminal Services LLC, on the space problem in the port area; Excess Asian steel as the reason behind the lack of available space in the port; Improvement projects.
- $27 million worth of port improvements on tap in near term. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p27
Focuses on the improvement projects for the Port of New Orleans. Estimated capital for improvement projects; Emphasis of improvement projects on outdoor storage for containers and bulk cargo; Funding for the port's budget.
- Consultant says it's time move ahead on port development. Bonnura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p11
Focuses on the need to launch development projects for the Port of New Orleans in Louisiana according to consultants. Urgency for building a container facility to accommodate bigger ships; Amount of investment needed for the projects.
- Behind the Floodwall. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p27
Reports the opening of the docks to the public for celebration by Port of New Orleans in Louisiana. Tour to the terminals and job fair in relation to celebration; Participation of the port to Transportation Week; Schedule of activities during the celebration.
- Ports of New Orleans and Amsterdam in trade pact. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jul99, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p7
Reports that a delegation of Dutch officials were in the Port of New Orleans, Louisiana to sign a joint marketing agreement. Purpose of the marketing agreement; Value of cargo travelling between the ports of Amsterdam and New Orleans; Cost of the Millenium Port being planned for New Orleans.
- Ports and Promenades. Hart, Katherine // Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p20
Deals with the state of traffic at the Port of New Orleans in Louisiana. Why the New Orleans Port Authority is building another cargo terminal in the Uptown neighborhood; Annual amount of cargo handled by the port; What brings much of the port traffic in the region; Problem with the region's...
- Changing tides. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p97
Focuses on the infrastructure changes and investments made at the Port of New Orleans in Louisiana. Efforts to launch the Millennium Port container-handling complex; Consolidation in the local maritime industry.