Morgan Closes 3 Retail Offices
- Morgan Stanley may return workers to the WTC area. Haughney, Christine // Crain's New York Business;11/22/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p13
The article reports that, for the first time since Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. lost its World Trade Center offices on September 11, 2001, the firm is negotiating a deal to move some offices back to its former neighborhood. Real estate sources say that Morgan Stanley executives plan to sublet...
- Not us, say Wall St. firms. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;6/6/94, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the Morgan Stanley & Co.'s employment of new risk management chiefs to develop the systems and the staff necessary to spot potential problems from derivatives. Derivatives as a huge source of profits for firms; Risks involved in derivatives; Responsibility of a risk manager; Complete...
- Morgan Stanley to Cut 1,600 Positions. // American Banker;12/16/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F347, p6
The article presents information about Morgan Stanley financial company which plans to eliminate 1,600 jobs worldwide in early 2012.
- Morgan Stanley presses SEC on ban in Massachusetts case. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p4
Reports on Morgan Stanley & Co.'s move to get the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to clarify whether its order temporarily lifting a two-year ban on the firm's doing municipal business with Massachusetts would extend the ban beyond the original termination date of September 9, 1998 if...
- Banned from suburbs. // Crain's New York Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p38
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Discover & Company has banned itself from negotiating municipal bond sales for Westchester County, New York. What led Morgan Stanley to make this decision.
- Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; $5B of New Issues Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p2
Focuses on the amount of municipal bonds priced for retail in the U.S. Amount of Series A notes; Percentage yield of Series B notes; Retail order period opened by Morgan Stanley and Co.
- SPACE EVADERS. Bourke, Chris // Estates Gazette;3/8/2008, Issue 809, p66
The article examines the possible impact of job loss forecasts in the financial services sector on the office market in London, England. Ratings agencies Standard & Poor's and Fitch and investors appear to agree with recent research from the Centre for Economics & Business Research which...
- Morgan Stanley Moves to Fire More FAs. // Research;Jul2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the move of Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. to terminate more lower-achieving financial advisors (FAs) in the U.S. Chief financial officer (CFO) Ruth Porat of Morgan Stanley, has described the plan for additional layoffs which considered a decision to dismiss between 200-300...
- Subprime crisis capsizes relationships. // Shopping Centers Today;Mar2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the impact of subprime mortgage crisis on the banking industry in the U.S. The crisis has spurred many banks to lay off employees in their commercial and residential mortgage divisions, upending some of the important relationships retail real estate developers, especially,...