Delaware Senate OKs Tax Hikes, $120 Million for Bond Bill
- Boost to Road Bonds? Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p1
Reports on the inclusion of a proposed corporate tax law change that would allow private companies to use tax-exempt private activity bonds in the legislation drafted by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. Finance of the construction of transportation infrastructure projects; Design of the...
- House Panel to Consider Bill Raising Private-Activity Cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30479, p1
Focuses on the legislation proposed by United States House Ways and Means Committee chairman Bill Archer that would increase the private-activity bond volume cap by 50 percent. Part of Archer's tax cut package; Arbitrage provision of the bill appreciated by municipal market participants and...
- House Vote Imminent on Amended Corporate Tax Overhaul Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p5
Reports that the United States House is expected to on the $155 billion corporate tax overhaul bill approved by the Ways and Means Committee. Amendments and footnotes that would extend the New York Liberty Zone bond program for five years; Clarification of restrictions on tax-advantaged leasing...
- 'Tax Extenders' Bill Faces Uncertain Future. McConnell, Alison L.; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32523, p4
The article reports that the qualified zone academy bond program would be extended through 2007 but restricted with arbitrage rebate, spend-down and reporting requirements under the latest version of the tax extenders bill in the U.S. The bill would have to be approved in the House Ways and...
- Tax Reconciliation Package Battle Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Congress is likely to pick members of a conference committee to settle differences between Senate and the House tax reconciliation bills. The Senate version of the tax reconciliation legislation includes pooled bonds restrictions and a broker-dealer reporting...
- Senate OKs Highway Bill As Focus Shifts to House. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/15/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33680, p4
The article reports on the approval of the highway reauthorization bill worth 109 billion dollars by the U.S. Congress House that helps in increasing the limits of the bank-qualified bonds from 10 million dollars to 30 million dollars.
- House Sends $59.6 Billion Transportation Bill to Senate. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p7
Reports on the approval of a bond issuance legislation by the U.S. House. Use of the bonds to finance the year 2002 transportation programs; Vote on the legislation by the House; Submission of the approved legislation to the U.S. Senate.
- House May Vote on One-Year Extenders Bill This Week. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;12/3/2014, Issue 34220, p1
The House may vote on a bill this week that would extend through the end of the year a number of expired tax provisions, including several relating to bonds, state and local finance, and Puerto Rico.
- The Pregonian. // Hill;11/13/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 135, p24
An excerpt from the article about the move of the House to rescue 23 million Americans from unintended tax increase that was published in November 12, 2007 issue of "The Oregonian" is presented.