Bonds Get a Shot in the Arm Near the End of Arizona Session
- House Financial Services Panel Approves Two Affordable-Housing Measures. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p4
The U.S. House Financial Services Committee approved two bills in the week that ended on May 23, 2003 that could have an impact on the municipal bond market. One of the bills would authorize down-payment assistance for home-buyers, while the other would continue a program that the administration...
- House Near Passage of New Stopgap Bill; Senate Has Until Friday to Approve. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p5
Reports that the U.S. House was on the verge of passing a stopgap spending bill that will keep the government operational at fiscal 2002 levels through February 20, 2003. Number of times that the Congress has had to act on similar legislation; Expectations regarding House approval; Need for the...
- How Uncle Sam's Laws Are Made. Robinson, Norborne T. N. // Congressional Digest;Feb33, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p63
Describes all phases of the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate procedures as of February 1933. Overview of the Rule XIII of the U.S. House of Representatives; Highlights of three calendars to which all business coming before the U.S. House shell be referred; Highlights of the Private Calendar...
- Bankruptcy judge. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the new bankruptcy legislation which passed the U.S. House of Representatives in Nevada. Average increase rate of bankruptcy filings to the court system; Impact of the controversial provision allowing anti-abortion activists on avoiding fines by declaring bankruptcy.
- Defense Bill Holds $200M For Local Companies. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
Reports the approval of the National Defense Authorization Act by the United States House of Representatives. Agreement of the House and the Senate on the bill; Budget for San Diego, California companies.
- House returns, primaries. // Hill;8/10/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p16
The author reflects on the expectation from the U.S. Senate for the House to approve the Medicaid and education funding bill.
- Congress Passes Bankruptcy Reform. // National Mortgage News;4/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the passage of a bankruptcy reform bill by the U.S. House.
- Historic Conservation Bill Wins Landslide Victory in House. // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug2000, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p48
Reports that the Conservation and Reinvestment Act has been passed by the United States House.
- Federal Reserve May Be Subject To Audit If Law Make Its Way Through The Senate. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/16/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has voted 223-202 for a new bill that will call for an audit of the U.S. Federal Reserve.