1Q Current Account Deficit at $136.1B
- Real trouble. // BRW;1/20/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p25
Presents a graphs related to the trade deficit of Australia. Shifts in import and export prices.
- INTERNATIONAL STATISTICS: U.S. INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN GOODS AND SERVICES. // Economic Indicators;Aug2005, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p34
No abstract available.
- Increasing Imports and Balancing Trade in Next Five Years. // China Chemical Reporter;2/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the rise of imports in China in 2010. Figures show that its imports rose by 38.7% in 2010, exports by 31.3% year-on-year (y-o-y), and oversea direct investment by 36.3 y-o-y. The government aims to balance its foreign trade to stabilize its exports and stimulate its...
- The U.S. trade deficit: Made in China? Bown, Chad P.; Crowley, Meredith A.; McCulloch, Rachel; Nakajima, Daisuke J. // Economic Perspectives;2005 4th Quarter, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p2
The article focuses on the U.S. trade deficit caused due to China's emergence as a major source of its imports. The U.S. merchandise trade deficit with China alone accounted for about $162 billion in 2004, or nearly one-quarter of the total U.S. trade deficit, up from a negligible share in the...
- Record Trade Balance. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Looks at the trade balance in Brazil as of 2004. Increase in trade balance in December; Export volume; State of import penetration in the country.
- Trade Surplus To Peak In 2010. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1
The article forecasts that trade surplus in Argentina will peak in 2010. It notes that the trade accounts of the country continues to post strong surpluses due to the collapse of imports. The trade accounts is also said to be on course to reach the full-year target of 17 billion U.S. dollars...
- External Sector: Recent Developments. // Portugal Country Monitor;Jan2012, p19
The article reports on the developments of Portugal's export and import sectors in 2011. The country's trade deficit has continued to narrow during the third quarter of the said year, according to the Statistics Portugal. Despite such trend, export and import trades have risen year-on-year....
- Limit imports & spur exports to reduce U.S. trade deficit. Hanna, Nessim; Farashani, Reza A. // Marketing News;10/19/1979, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on ways to reduce U.S. trade deficit in 1979. Value of the trade deficit in 1978; Information on several stimulants that could improve U.S. exports; Overview of the country's import policy.
- Industry Imports Decline In September. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/11/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 99, p2
The article offers information on the decline in the imports of textile and the apparel industry of the U.S. It states that textile and apparel imports to the U.S. has fallen by 5.4 percent to 4.8 billion square meter equivalents in September 2011 from a year earlier. It mentions that the...