Buffalo Gets A Double Downgrade
- California GOs may prompt upgrades from S&P, Moody's. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p5
Reports on the plan of Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service to upgrade California's competitive general obligation (GO) bond sale. Projected revenues from the GO sale; Comments of Ray Murphy, a vice president and senior analyst for Moody's, on the reason why the company will upgrade...
- Downgrades of junk-bond issuers proliferate. Tarquinio, J. Alex // American Banker;2/25/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the downgrading of junk bond issues in the United States by rating agencies Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Services in the second half of 1998. Number of downgraded junk bonds; Rise in default rates; Characteristics of the high-yield market; Types of industries hit by...
- Massachusetts' Amherst College on Rating High Going Into Next Week's $50M Deal. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p3
For Amherst, Massachusetts-based Amherst College, an affirmation in the week ending June 20, 2003 of its Aaa rating from Moody's Investors Service Inc. and an upgrade to AAA from Standard & Poor's Corp. came as a pleasant surprise amid other downgrades in Massachusetts' education sector. This...
- Weakened N.Y. County on Moody's Watch List. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p39
Reports on the focus of Moody's Investors Service on Monroe County, New York for a possible downgrade affecting in outstanding debt. Effects of the decision of Moody on the county's financial condition; Reliance of county on manufacturing sector; Credit of Standard & Poor's rating outlook for...
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting the one-year note index of bonds in the U.S. Calculation of note index; Rates given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on bond issuers.
- Moody's, S&P issue a pair of downgrades. // AHA News;11/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p2
Presents information on the lowering of health care revenue bonds of two investments company. Web site of Moody's Investors Service; Rating of health care revenue bonds of Standard & Poor's.
- CDO Pros Poached from Rating Agencies. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;08/14/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p1
Focuses on the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) groups of Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's Investors Service. CDO professionals lost by S&P and Moody's; Plan of HarbourView to launch HarbourView CBO III; Previous CDO of HarborView.
- Agencies start rating governance. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p1A
Reports on corporate governance developments among companies in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service's appointment of Kenneth Bertsch to head its corporate governance analysis; Release of Standard & Poor's annual report card on corporate disclosure policies.
- Downgrades outpace upgrades. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6
Reports on ratings on municipal healthcare bond ratings. Ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp.; Ratings from Moody's Investors Service of New York; Downgraded facilities as single-site hospitals in competitive markets that have been unable to keep up with the rapid pace of change.