Piper Jaffray Lures Former Lehmen Vet to Head N.Y. Fixed-Income Office
- U.S. Bancorp Names New Brokerage Chief. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;10/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 190, p8
Reports that U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray has reassigned Paul Grangaard, head of its investment banking business, as the president of its brokerage business, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Private Advisory Services. Scope of responsibilities of Grangaard at the brokerage business.
- Take on Jaffray Hire: Integration Has Far to Go . Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;7/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 126, p7
Presents industry observers' assessment of the significance behind U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management's hiring of Mark Jordahl as its chief investment officer. Focus of Jordahl's task on merger integration activities of the firm; Details of their merger of U.S. Bancorp with Firstar...
- U.S. Bank Hires Merrill Equity Capital Pro . Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;3/18/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 52, p24
Reports the appointment of Brad England to head the equity capital markets desk of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Career background; Job description.
- Piper Jaffray Regroups But Aims to Stick to Its Niche. MANDARO, LAURA // American Banker;1/6/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the announcement made by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray that it has no plan to build a one-stop. fixed-income shop seen in large banks. Emphasis on municipal bond underwriting and taxable bond sales; Aim to increase sales and secondary trading of non-municipal bonds.
- CEO Named for Firstar-U.S. Bancorp Unit. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;12/1/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 230, p20
Announces the appointment of Thomas Schreier, head of equity research at U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray, as chief executive officer of the asset management unit that would be formed when Firstar Corp. completes its deal to buy U.S. Bancorp. Accomplishments as head of equity research.
- New Fixed-Income Chief Pushes Piper into Derivatives. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30985, p40
Reports on the hiring of David MacLennan as director of fixed income at U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Career history; Job responsibilities; Expansion plans of the company.
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Taps ING & Strong Talent. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;7/2/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the executives from rival companies recruited by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray interest rate index. // Inside Tucson Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 49, p10
Presents U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s interest rate index for government securities and municipal bonds in the United States, for the week ending February 23, 2000.