Found Property: Delaware Revenue Estimates Are Up, But Deficit Persists
- Estimating Cigarette-Tax Revenue. Chiles Jr., Ted W.; Sollars, David L. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Fall93, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
This paper presents a cigarette-tax revenue model which predicts potential tax revenues. The model is unique in that revenues are estimated in a two-stage process which is invariant to the type of state sales/excise tax regime. The model also controls for cross-state spillover effects. The...
- Cigarette tax hike concerns Akwesasne chief. Mitchell, Michael // Windspeaker;Aug2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
Comments on the proposed plan to increase the taxes of cigarettes and other tobacco products in Canada. Concerns of Mohawks of Akwesasne representatives on the issue; Details of the proposed legislation; Resolution to the lost revenues in the government.
- California considers an array of 'lifestyle' taxes. // National Petroleum News;Aug2002, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p7
Reports on developments relevant to lifestyle taxes in California compiled as of August 2002. Increase in the cigarette tax; Overview of the state's revenues from taxes; Implications for policies on taxation.
- Bucking Trend, Delaware's Fiscal '03 Revenues Go Up Slightly. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p24
Despite a weak national economy and a lean state budget, Delaware's revenues for 2003 will increase slightly but remain virtually unchanged for fiscal 2004, the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council (DEFAC)has estimated. DEFAC, which formally estimates state revenues, is projecting a...
- Tax loss. Landrigan, Kevin // New Hampshire Business Review;7/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p4
The article discusses the primary revenues that added to the shortfall of the New Hampshire government in 2008. It is stated that the slow returns from taxes on business, real estate sales, and cigarettes imparted to the state government, taking in $69 million. Business profits and business...
- Department of Revenue Official Notice: Cigarette Sales Tax - Rate Change. // Minnesota State Register;10/17/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p442
The article reports that Department of Revenue, Minnesota has raised the current cigarette sales tax rate from 35.6 cents to 37 cents which will be effective from January 1, 2012.
- Minnesota Department of Revenue: Official Notice: Cigarette Sales Tax - Rate Change. // Minnesota State Register;10/21/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p537
The article offers information on the Minnesota Department of Revenue's official notice as published on October 21, 2013 regarding cigarette sale tax rate change stating that the new tax rate will be effective on or after January 1, 2014 and rate will be 51.2 cent for a pack of 20 cigarettes.
- REVENUE ESTIMATION AND COMPREHENSIVE TAX REFORM. Amerkhail, Valerie; Lucke, Robert; Marcuss, Rosemary D. // National Tax Journal;Sep85, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p373
This article discusses approaches to the estimation of revenue effects of changes in major corporate income tax provisions in the U.S. Changes in depreciation rules, the investment tax credit, the maximum corporate tax rate and addition of a dividends-paid deduction. Type of apparent limitation...
- Oklahoma Senate OKs Cigarette Tax for Cancer Research. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p28
Reports on the approval of the Oklahoma Senate for cigarette tax increase providing revenue to build a new cancer research center. Percentage of increase in tax; Requirement of the endowment legislation; Estimation of the revenue from tax increase.