Vermont Bond Bank's 2003 Sale to Hit $65M
- Market Close: Investors Wary With Puerto Rico in Focus. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;2/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34058, p1
The article offers a market report related to the performance of municipal bonds of Puerto Rico as of February 11, 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of downgrade of Puerto Rico bonds on municipal bond yields, response in the retail investing and uncertainty to the municipal bond market...
- Market Post: Strong New Issues and Shrinking Secondary Fuel Rally. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/9/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34041, p1
The article offers a report related to the municipal bond market of the U.S. as of January 9, 2014. It informs that the bonds are rated triple-A by the major credit rating agencies. It reflects on the yields of tax-exempt municipal bonds of the country. It informs that Bank of America Merrill...
- Cook County Turns to Sales Tax Bonds and Snags a AAA. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33757, p1
The article reports on the plan of the local government in Cook County, Illinois to enter itno the bond market with 100 million dollars worth of sales tax-backed bonds in 2012. It claims that finance for highway projects will be obtained from sales of these bonds. It indicates that these bonds...
- Clearfield, Utah, Upgraded to AA by Fitch. // Bondbuyer.com;11/18/2014, p24
The article reports on the Fitch Ratings' upgraded AA rating for Clearfield, Utah's $1.2 million sales tax revenue bonds series 2003 and implied general obligation from AA-minus in November 2014. It mentions that rating outlook is stable, and the bonds are secured by a first lien on Clearfield's...
- Munis Stand Pat, Ending Run of Weakness. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/6/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p12
The article provides updates on the performance of the Municipal revenue bond sale. It notes that the Treasury market has showed gains, which opened at 2.97% and finished at 2.81%. Furthermore, yield on the 30-year bond was quoted at 3.50% from 3.66%. On the other hand, the 30-year tax-exempt...
- Water Board Sells $165M. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports on the sale of bonds worth $165.2 million by the Honolulu Board of Water Supply. UBS Securities LLC ran the books, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP was bond counsel, and MBIA Insurance Corp. insured the deal. In May 2006, the water utility received approval from the...
- Market Awaits First New Issuance of Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;8/11/2015, p1
The muni market is eagerly awaiting the first of the weeks' new issuance although really looking ahead to the Kansas Development Finance Authority's $1 billion pension deal, which is expected Wednesday.
- Detroit's Recovery in Spotlight with New Bond Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;8/11/2015, p1
Are a statutory lien and other state-crafted protections on Detroit's first post-bankruptcy bond sale enough for investors assessing the city's long-term recovery?
- Texas Bond Industry Surveys Uncertain Economy. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/1/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34452, p1
With falling oil prices taking the bloom off the Lone Star State's economy, bond issuers and industry executives will examine the future at The Bond Buyer's Texas Public Finance Conference in Austin.