Insuring Outside the Box: Non-Muni Growth on a Roll
- Cohoes, N.Y., Raised To Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p2
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the city of Cohoes, New York's $1.85 million of general obligation refunding bonds. The agency assigned a Baa2 rating to Cohoes' bonds. Moody's has also upgraded to Baa2 from Baa3 the rating on the city's approximately...
- THE BOND BUYER TOP 10 E-Malied Stories. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33236, p8
The article offers news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. Several municipalities in New York has pooled their bond issuance to take advantage of the Build American Bond (BAB). On December 15, 2009, Milwaukee has sold its qualified school construction bond issue worth 50 million...
- Novi, Mich., Debt Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p2
Reports on the municipal bond rating by Moody's Investor Service Inc. in Novi, Michigan. Upgrade of Moody's on the outstanding unlimited-tax general obligation debt of the city; Security on the city's limited-tax general obligation.
- Water-Sewer Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Palm Beach County, Florida's water and sewer revenue debt.
- Muni Yields Fall 2-3 Basis Points; Issuers Price $500M of New Debt. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p2
Reveals that municipal bond yields fell two to three basis points on September 4, 2003 following the upward path of government securities in the U.S. Revelation that $500 million loans were floated in the market by the government on September 4, 2003; Views of economist Ian Morris on the...
- Munis Stand Fast and Stable as Treasuries Fall. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33544, p2
The article discusses the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. It states that the yields of the municipal market remained unchanged, while its two year yield ended at 0.42 percent for the 16th straight session. The treasury yield ended lower and were unable to help municipals on the...
- Drop in refinancings ends muni bond boom. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the growth of competition in the financial guarantee insurance business as a result of the decrease in municipal bond issues. Cause of the decrease; Comments from Ann C. Stern, chairman and chief executive officer of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; Diversification of financial...
- Risky business: Muni bond insurers may branch out. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the plan by financial guarantee insurers to branch out as a result of the reduction in the volume of municipal bond issues. Areas of diversification for insurers; Comments from Richard A. Ciccarone, executive vice president of Kemper Securities Inc.; Implications of the trend.
- Rock Island, Ill. GOs Lowered Three Levels. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F328, p1
The article informs that American market research firm Moody's Investors Service has downgraded its rating for Rock Island County, Illinois general obligation debt from rating to Aa3 to A3 as of July 2014. Topics discussed include impact of downgrading on the 29 million U.S. dollars of general...