WJ Aldiss backs growth with Norwich opening
- Jarrold joins forces with Norfolk rival. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p4
Reports that Norfolk, England-based department store chain Jarrold is to swallow its rival Aldiss in a deal which will result in the combined company swelling to 10 stores. End to more than 100 years of retail rivalry; Preparation for competition from the Chapelfield shopping center in Norwich;...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/2003, Issue 5366, p43
Reports developments related to the furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 2003. Acquisition of Weetabix by Hicks Muse Tate and Furst; Implementation of the fundraising campaign of FTBA; Presentation of the Enterprise Challenge Initiative award by WJ Aldiss.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2005, Issue 5450, p5
Reports developments on the furniture industry in Great Britain. Termination of the negotiation between retailers Jarrold of Norwich and Aldiss; Promise of Ikea AB to Coventry residents on the conservation of Spoon Street; Establishment of factory of businessman Doug Gregory on Park Springs site...
- Streetscape. // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p28
Features Broad Ripple store in Indianapolis, Indiana. List of clothing shops in the store; Dishes and wines served by several fast food chains; Products sold by Good Earth Natural Food Co.; Cars displayed at the Gearheads Automobilia Shop.
- PLEASANT RIDGE. Schneider, Maria // Cincinnati;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p18
Presents information related to various shopping stores in Montgomery Road in Cincinnati, Ohio. Description of setting of The Ridge Market; Sale of different kinds of seafood in Outerbanks Seafood Market; Music store in Cincinnati, Ohio offering all kinds of music from acid rock to zydeco;...
- Revolutionary 'In & Out' Beauty Store Opens in NYC. // Nutraceuticals World;Sep2010 Supplement, p31
The article reports on the inaugural of In & Out beauty store located in New York.
- No marijuana pipe dream. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/10/93, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p34
Considers Edmonton's enviro-friendly Earth's General Store, operated by Michael Kalmanovitch who hopes to reverse the country's pre-World War II decision to outlaw marijuana cultivation. Hemp was used in the past to make everything from cooking oils to fabric and was widely used in the...
- New venture taps into consumers' water quality concerns. J.N.F. // Beverage Industry;Oct93, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p18
Features Harry and Julia McKee's Water Mart store in Chandler, Arizona. Sale of in-store treated water and water-related products; Store's history; Use of custom-built reverse osmosis filtration system; Offer of post-mix Pepsi-Cola products and fruit juices.
- January targeted as national store brands month. K.P.K. // Beverage Industry;Oct93, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p20
Reports on a group of retailers' plan to declare January 1994 as National Store Brands Awareness Month. Major retailers composing the steering committee; Production and dissemination of information to stores and food and beverage manufacturers; Inclusions in the promotion kit.