Taking care of business
- Trade bodies take on training. Couldwell, Clive // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec98, p24
Talks about a formal training qualification for the events and exhibitions industry. Role of the Events Industry Training Organization; Reactions to the training initiative; Appeal of the information element of the program.
- JPMA considering additional show in fall 2004. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Jul2003, p18
Reports on the plan of the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association for another trade show in the U.S. Criticism of the group by retailers and manufacturers; Duration of the ABC Expo; Problems faced by the organization.
- Connect With Industry Peers. // Systems Contractor News;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p32
The article offers information on several events from June 8 to 10, 2010, organized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NCSA) including the InfoComm 2010 with ExpoJam, the free keynote presentation, and the association's Annual Member Meeting.
- Why we're eager to hear what's new with you. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p49
Gives advice for exhibit participants to gain coverage in the periodical 'Furniture/Today.' Supply of adequate information for the furniture buyer; Advantage of a photograph; Value of news releases or press relations officers in communication.
- Making wine in N.H.: not just a dream. Kibbe, Cindy // New Hampshire Business Review;3/2/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p43
The article presents several considerations in growing wine grapes discussed during the Farm & Forest Expo conducted by the New Hampshire Cooperative Extension and the New Hampshire Winery Association in February 2007 in New Hampshire. They include the cost of wine production, selection of the...
- The quest for an ROI formula. Sanders, John // Event;May2006, p15
The article considers the Association of Exhibition Organisers' plans to deliver a formula that will help exhibiting companies to work out the return on investment (ROI) of their firm's presence. As a result, trade bodies developed a model that can eventually be used to measure the ROI value of...
- Advice on Pitching And Working With The Media. Mateas, Margo // Public Relations Tactics;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p21
Presents information on pitching and working with the media in the U.S. Approach to company promotion; Methods of generating feature coverage in the absence of breaking news; Emphasis of company philosophy on business planning.
- RSA Expo in Chicago will be the largest ever. // Railway Age;Jun96, Vol. 197 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the 1996 Railway Technology and Equipment Expo, sponsored by the Railway Supply Association and scheduled on September 15-18, 1996 at the Chicago Hilton & Towers in Illinois. Expected number of attendees; Key speakers.
- On with the show! Dunn, William // Marketing Tools;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the Trade Show Bureau's findings regarding the trade show industry in the United States and Canada in 1994. Statistics on trade shows presented in the `TradeShow Week Data Book' journal; Countervailing trends for trade shows; Business-like approach adopted by most trade shows;...