Moving on to centre-stage
- Still collateral for new festival stock? Gubbins, Michael // Music Week;7/2/2011, Issue 26, p4
The author reflects on the poor sales of the music festival held in Devon, England, which is said to be repeated during the music festival held in Glastonbury, England in 2011 due to consumers' lack of appetite.
- Market forces cause drop in UK music festival ticket prices. Cardew, Ben; Masson, Gordon // Music Week;7/2/2011, Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the impacts brought by market forces and economic problems to the reduction of music festival ticket prices in Great Britain, in which Seatwave Ltd. report shows that the ticket is selling less than face-value tickets for 103 various performances.
- Getting Mighty Crowded. Brandle, Lars // Billboard;11/6/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 44, p13
The article looks at Australia's music festival industry, focusing on how promoters have been affected by the economy.
- The Big Picture. Daley, Dan // FRONT of HOUSE;Jul2011, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p40
The article focuses on the result of the survey conducted by UK Music which examines the contribution of live music events such as concerts, festivals and music tours in the economy of Great Britain. It shows that live music events have given over 1.4 billion pounds to the country's economy from...
- How SXSW Helps Keep Austin Profitable. Daley, Dan // FRONT of HOUSE;Nov2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p40
The article presents the author's views on the importance of the SXSW festival study which puts the financial impact on the city of Austin of the 2011 conference in Texas. It mentions that SXSW study can be used to encourage investment at the municipal and country levels for live music of all...
- Cash tills ring at UK's indie festivals. Masson, Gordon // Music Week;6/12/2010, Issue 23, p8
The article offers information on the survey conducted by the Association of Independent Festivals (AIF) on the possible value of money in music festivals that assists promoters surpass other entertainment industry in Great Britain. It reveals the total amount of money audiences are spending to...
- Rain can't ruin festival boom. Benzine, Adam // Music Week;8/11/2007, Issue 32, p5
The article reports on the fortunes of various British music festivals during the torrential rains of July 2007. Some events, such as the Fflam and Truck festivals, were canceled or postponed. However, higher-capacity events, such as the T in the Park, Guilfest, and Lovebox Weekend festivals,...
- THE ACID TEST OF HISTORY. Chagollan, Steve // Variety;8/10/2009, Vol. 415 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on musical performances, concerts and related issues arising from efforts to commemorate the 1969 Woodstock music festival in 2009, the 40th anniversary of the event. The central focus of the article is the fact that economic factors, such as the recession in the United...
- FRENCH FESTIVAL FORCED TO CLOSE. // Strad;May2009, Vol. 120 Issue 1429, p10
The article reports on the decision to cancel the music Festival de Valloires after three years due to a lack of funding. It describes the festival, which was held in the Somme region of France and featured performances by stringed instrument players including violinist Alina Ibragimova and...