Sydney is delegates' top city
- Programming the Baltic Film Festival : delineating mainstream and community festivals. Bruveris, Klara // Studies in Australasian Cinema;Jun2015, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p211
This paper analyses the development of the inaugural Baltic Film Festival in Sydney. An analysis of the festival and the decisions behind the programming of the films helps to position it within a typology of film festivals. This is done through a discussion of how the Baltic Film Festival...
- Ego or unity? Schlicht, Rollin // Architecture Australia;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on discussions about the Urban issues in Sydney. Who made up the panellist; Location and date of event.
- Sidelights. // Current Events;2/3/97, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p2
Provides information on Hong Kong. Number of islands comprising the region; Bruce Lee and Jacki Chan as celebrity residents; Effects of large population to the people's way of living.
- Flipper reigns in Hong Kong. // China Business Review;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the Preparatory Committee celebration subgroup's selection of the white dolphin as the mascot for celebratory activities related to Hong Kong's transfer to Chinese sovereignty in July 1997.
- Disappearing Hong Kong. Spaeth, Anthony; Yu, Lulu // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/04/96, Issue 45, p52
Discusses the state of Hong Kong in 1996. The changes due to urban renewal; The history of Hong Kong since the end of World War II; How buildings of historical significance can be preserved.
- Hong Kong. Chalkley, Brian // Geography;Apr97 Part 2, Vol. 82 Issue 355, p139
Focuses on Hong Kong and its return to Chinese sovereignty. Geographical information on Hong Kong; Details on Hong Kong's development; Hong kong under British rule; Demographic information; Information on its environmental problems; Forecast on the Hong Kong's future.
- Business fluorishes as some brace for change. Scott, Elizabeth // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p30
Presents an overview of the business conditions in Hong Kong in the light of its return to China in 1997. Emigration plans of residents; Concerns on government cruelty similar to what occurred in Tianenmen Square in Beijing, China; Unemployment.
- The very last tango in Hong Kong. Palmer, Brian // U.S. News & World Report;12/09/96, Vol. 121 Issue 23, p62
Describes the last Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club Grand Ball. The changes that will take place in July 1997 when Britain returns Hong Kong to China; What the expatriates are doing in preparation for that day.
- City of Bad Omens. Elegant, Robert // Quadrant Magazine;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 1/2, p24
Focuses on the economic and social condition of Hong Kong under the Chinese government. Natural disasters and manmade catastrophes that occurred in the region; Comments from a British diplomat; Economic stagnation in the region.