Westminster's 2000 deadline
- Dome show kicks off 300-day bash. Goddard, Charlotte // Marketing Event;Jan1999, p6
Reports that the Millenium Commission is promoting the Dome with a national roadshow. Highlights of the millennium festivities; Information on the Voyager roadshow; Reaction of the media to the national roadshow.
- Are you millennium material? // Design Engineering;May98, p13
Provides information on the Millennium Dome exhibit, which will focus on millennium products. Web site for inquiries.
- String of pearls. Blythe, Ronald // In Britain;Dec99, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the activities lined up to celebrate the millennium in London, England. Historical background on the site of King Henry VIII's former Royal Dockyard; Launch by organizations of exhibitions; Renovation of the Shipwright Palace.
- Millennium mania slow to hit San Diego, but hotels looking forward to prosperous new year. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p25
Reports on millennium festivities planned in San Diego, California. Hotel room demands; Balboa Park Exposition 2000; Tourist attractions; Celebratory hubs.
- Marching into the millennium. Are you ready? Rosenberry, Clifton H. // Forum (10566937);Aug97, Issue 183, p4
Opinion. Discusses views on the forecasts of banks and other compensation agencies in the year 2000. Predictions on how those agencies would be affected; Details on the year 2000 problem for computers; Comments from Paul Volker, formaer Federal Reserve Chairman.
- Great expectations, great choices. Krentz, Edgar // Christian Century;10/30/96, Vol. 113 Issue 31, p1033
Focuses on naming the year 2001 as the beginning of a new Christian millennium. Social expectations; Destiny of Christians; Jesus Christ's significance for the present; Passages.
- Jumping the gun on the millennium. // Christian Science Monitor;9/24/99, Vol. 91 Issue 210, p11
Reminds that the beginning of the second millennium does not actually begin until January 1, 2001.
- Time for teahouse. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul96, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p10
Reports on Snowdonia National Parks' request for funding from the Millennium Commission for the replacement of its tea house and a souvenir shop.
- Coming to the aid of the party. // New Scientist;9/14/96, Vol. 151 Issue 2047, p3
Editorial. Talks about the plans for a party in Great Britain to mark the beginning of the third millennium. Erection of pavilions on a large site near Greenwich; Inclusion of the wonders of science, engineering and technology in the celebration; Source of funding for the celebration.