Firms discuss joining forces
- Food fair firms in joint venture. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Sep99, p5
Announces the joint venture between food fair companies Montgomery Exhibitions and Reed Exhibition Cos. Where the partnership is based; Head of the venture; When is the company's official launch; What event will be organized under the partnership's banner.
- Media Week and 13 titles leave Emap in...14m Quantum deal. // Campaign;08/01/97, Issue 31, p2
Reports that 14 titles including `Media Week' and `UK Press Gazette' were purchased by Quantum Publishing from Emap Business for 14.1 million pounds sterling. Information on the deal which was announced on August 6, 1997; Comments from Richard Flaye, managing director at Quantum; Stake Quantum...
- Emap joins NEC shareholders. // Marketing Event;Jun97, p4
Reports that NEC Group has brought in Emap Business Communications as a joint shareholder in a subsidiary company National Exhibition Center formed to implement its expansion plans.
- EMAP buys Box's U.K. operation; vid channel ups Euro competition. McGeever, Mike // Billboard;11/16/96, Vol. 108 Issue 46, p10
Reports that media group EMAP acquired the Box United Kingdom (U.K.) interactive music channel from Video Jukebox Network Inc. and Ticketmaster. European expansion plans; Box availability; The Box to be run by EMAP Radio; The impact this acquisition will have on music in the U.K.; The Box's...
- Montgomery drops plan for Irish Interbuild. // Event;Sep2002, p8
Reports that Montgomery Exhibitions has pulled out of a building exhibition due to take place in March 2003. Statement from Sandy Angus, Montgomery chairman.
- Montgomery replaces Exsl. // Marketing Event;Feb98, p4
Reports on Montgomery Exhibitions' launching of Sport 98 on June 19-21, in Great Briatin to replace its cancelled sports trade show Exsl.
- CMP scales back international efforts. L.M. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p16
Reports that CMP Publications has sold two magazine titles to EMAP Business Communications. Names of magazines operated by CMP; Forecast for CMP's foreign efforts; Information on Ziff-Davis Publishing.
- Montgomery in naming rights hitch. // Event;Apr2002, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Montgomery Exhibitions company to lobby its business partner Emap company to allow it to rebrand the building show at King's Hall in Belfast as Interbuild. Information on the Interbuild name; Possible name to be used by the company if Emap will not agree with them; ...
- PROFILE. Reynolds, Emma // Event;Sep2002, p19
Features Sandy Angus, chairman of Montgomery Exhibitions. His views on why there should be more women in the exhibition and live event industry; His comment on the venue-organizer relationship; Explanation on how organizers could improve the visitor experience.