Baby & Toddler series shelved
- Playing the angles with kids. Landay, Jerry M. // Christian Science Monitor;9/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 209, p18
Opinion. Discusses commercial television in the United States in late 1997. The importance of the angle to attract attention; Regulations which are aimed at curbing the visceral hype of sex and violence; Requirements for educational television programming; Content ratings codes; How television...
- Population explosion. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p27
Focuses on increase in children cable television programming in the United States. Reference to the launch of Fox Broadcasting Company's Family Channel; Plans of Nickelodeon cable network to launch a trio of digital-tier networks in January of 1999; Expansion of the Discovery Kids and Learning...
- UPN is bulking up. // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p42
Reports on United Paramount Network's additional two hours for its children's program airtime starting fall 1996. Program launchings; Includes animated version of the `Incredible Hulk.'
- UPN youth strategy smells like teen spirit. Flint, Joe // Variety;2/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 3, p37
Reports on United Paramount Network's (UPN) revision of its children's programming strategy. UPN's decision to focus on the teenager sector of the market; Details of the television network's strategy.
- Projecting an image. Zerry, Monica // Science & Children;Sep1995, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p13
Examines the content of science related programs presented for children on television. Information about the study conducted in this regard by Jocelyn Steinke, communications professor at a New York College, and Marilee Long, assistant professor of technical journalism at Colorado State...
- The Effect of an Educational/Informational Rating on Children's Attraction To and Learning From an Educational Program. Krcmar, Marina // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Fall2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p674
Discusses the effects of an Educational/Informational (E/I) rating on children's responses to an educational program. How older boys liked programs with E/I rating less; How older girls liked programs with E/I rating more; Educational children's programming legislation in the United States.
- Kids WB stays the course. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;2/3/97, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p5
Announces Kids WB's fall schedule comprised of Warner brothers' animated stars. Includes `Umptee3-TV'; `Looney Tunes'; `Batman'; `Superman'; Forecast improved performance of WB in its second year of operations.
- Warner Bros. wants to capture kids. Tobenkin, David // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 30, p16
Reports on WB Television Network's launching of the children's programming block Kids' WB in September 1995. Supply of initial shows by Warner Brothers (WB) Animation; Kids programming's key role in promoting and expanding WB; Programming schedule; Projects in development for WB; WB Animation's...
- WB fighting for kids with program ploy. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p14
Reports that The WB has announced its `Big Kids Go First' campaign which aims to lure older kids to watch television on Saturday mornings. Attempts to fight declines in ratings; Rescheduling of superhero/action cartoons; Comments from Jamie Kellner, head of WB.